Dumaguete Info Search

Dentists in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by tcazzy47, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    her child in the office during her work hours is annoying for sure....

2. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    My wife and I have been using Dr. Garupa for several years and have always been pleased with the work and the prices. We have been so pleased that we bring the family kids here every summer for dental treatment along with swimming lessons. At the moment my wife myself my daughter, 2 grandchildren, and 2 nieces are all receiving treatment. I'm not rich but it makes me happy that I can afford to do this.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    shouldn't that alone pay for a cage and a guard for the little thing somewhere outside ?

4. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I need a cage for the adults who have neglected these kids' teeth to the point that one 9 year old had to have 4 permanent molars extracted, rotted so bad the nerve was exposed. Always money for a lapad of tanduay but none for a tube of colgate

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    yeah, we should get a huge cage, I would have some candidates too. what a shame to see those things. :(

6. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    She's good but I know a lot better than her outside this city.... She can't make another fillings to be the same color to my old fillings that look so natural. It was made by my former dentist before I got here. No one knows it's already a fillings not until I told them. Too bad, I now belong to this city, so I'll just take her since I got no where else to go. Any other recommendations?

7. Ana

Ana DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    3 dentists experience

Rhoody, I went to Dr.Sensano, very nice doctor, but his methods seemed a bit strange... I came to replace 3 fillings that fell out. He asked for 1000 pesos for three, which seems to be a good deal:wink: Thus, i didn't mind the ancient equipment and lack of an assistant. So he asked me to rinse my mouth and started to put in the composite. No drilling. No primer. No bond. Nothing!

I was astonished and told him that I expected to loose them in the nearest future, but he soothed me with some kind of explanation that I didn't quite get, but I though he knew what he was doing. He's the doctor, right?

As I predicted, all fillings came off until the next morning. I came back to the clinic, and expected to be visiting him on a daily basis to fix the work over and over again, but he agreed to return the money! I was so relieved! Donno what kind of doctor he is, but he's certainly a good man.

After this adventure I went to Dr.Garupa. Yes, she's more expensive. Yes, her kid is very annoying. But she did a great job! I guess your teeth don't deserve experimenting))

BTW
    NEVER SUGGEST GOING TO BASOLInA DENTAL CLINIC

I came in just to find out how much they'd charge to restore a piece of frontal tooth. She said 700, and I was considering that place but wanted to have a second opinion. So she demanded that I pay 200 for a consultation. For WHAT?? For 5 minutes that she studied my tooth???

I should have simply left the place, but decided to proceed with treatment, and that was a VERY stupid idea. At first, she made this piece almost transparent, so it was clear it didn't belong there. After I noted that, she removed it and placed another fragment that wasn't transparent, but the color didn't match! I mean, you won't see it from distance, but if you look closely, you can see it for sure! I didn't want to spend any other second in her chair, so I simply paid and left in tears... Never, EVER go to Basolina clinic, that is located at M1 PLAZA DOnA MILAGROS, COR. STA. ROSA & PERDICES STS.

8. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I go to the same dentist next to Hotel Palawa and have asked about prices compared to other dentists. To me they seem comparable and the work the lady does is good. Filling prices also matter what kind of filling. There are different kind of fillings and different quality fillings as well. Some come out and degrade easy and some don't. Many of the cheap dentists use a crappy cheap form of amalgam is the kind of common filling but different qualities depending of make up. I've seen some at 200p a filling I've gotten before but after a few months cracking, degrading, or falling out. The higher quality fillings tend to run 400-500p and so far have lasted me years.

Now as a westerner they know darned well not to tell us about the potential cheaper versions. However the reason isn't money but if/when the cheap kinds fall out we go back and complain and expect it to be redone often at no cost. We are complainers after all hehe. They rather make sure we don't complain or have problems they may have to deal with down the road along with usually we want a decent quality work done as well.

9. Tassie Devil

Tassie Devil DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anybody tried the dentist at Robinsons?
    Cheers TD

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    My ex-wife regularly got a cavity filled, and that's why I divorced her. :smile::smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.