Dumaguete Info Search

Dgte Rabies Article in Today's Negros Chronicle

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by PatO, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naropa

Naropa DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for that we know where that is a small place.
    Cheers:smile:

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I looked in the mirror this morning and I think I might need to go to the vet! :eek: :D

[​IMG]

3. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    You raised an important issue, where does one get treatment if bitten? Does the local hospitals have what is needed, or the pharmacy?

4. dodong

dodong DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    When my friends' son was bitten, the shots were administered at NOPH. We bought the medicine at the pharmacy across the road. Supply was never a problem. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a problem now.

5. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    According to the World Health Organisation, the Philippines is fourth in the league table of rabies risk. Only India, Bangladesh and China have a greater risk.

The Philippines Department of Health report that up to 19th November 2010, there have been 264 confirmed cases of humans being infected by rabies, and 206 of those have died. Of the remaining 58, they too will become a statistic if the virus has taken hold, as there is no cure.

This isn't scare mongering, it's fact. If you leave it until you are bitten to find out where to get the serum, it may be too late. So the military thinking of "know your enemy and try and be two steps ahead" is very good advice.

It's interesting to note that Australia, Japan, New Zealand and the United Kingdom have all eradicated rabies. The common denominator here is that they are all island nations. On that basis, it could be possible for the Philippines to achieve the same status if the authorities put their mind to it.

6. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Yea right!:D

7. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We have gone to Dr. Acuna; the office is at the back of the pet store located right next door to Harold's Mansion. Office: 035-226-2433 / Mobile: 0920-920-9752

8. JoeMabini

JoeMabini DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    We had a vet come out and give shots and rabies vaccine when my dogs were about 5 months old. I doubt we could get them to fall for that again because last time they also lost their nuts. I can't even get a collar on them now so maybe the blow dart is the answer.

Being native dogs they are a little on the paranoid side anyways. They turned out alright and probably are two of the best dogs I have ever had. We have an understanding. I let them out once a day so they can pee on every bush and fence post in the neighborhood and they do not rush the gate when people come in and out. Before we came to this agreement they would rush the gate every time it was opened. The only frustrating thing is you can't teach them to fetch because every time you throw something they think you are trying to kill them and run for cover.

9. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    My pup got a rabies shot two weeks ago. This week we noticed a bump, like a small tumor, on his back where the injection took place. Went back to the vet yesterday and she said use hot compresses and massage the bump, never did say why he got it. Btw, he kept his nuts and has been humping his stuff animal since he got the shot, don't know if it is a fallout from the shot or he is so happy he's still got a pair...

10. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    That is right, he is very happy he still has his sperm nuts. My pup got his removed and he doesn't even know it. he's still trying to hump the b*tch.
    He is so dumb he don't even know he is shooting blanks. I have heard of that in horses but never heard of a "proud cut DOG".
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.