Dumaguete Info Search

DNA testing

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Papalo, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Does anyone know if the U.S. embassy is requiring proof by DNA for all applicant's to register your child's birth or is it up to the U.S. officer? Last year I had 2 friends that went through the process, 1 was required to have DNA for 1 of his 3 kids and the other guy was not asked for it.
    Ron

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Same Story!

:confused: I spoke to my Nephew in Law in North Dakota this evening, I asked him about this and he told me that when he went to register his New daughter in February all he had to produce was The marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate and both his and hers passports, (She is Pinoy) They completed a few forms and then made application for a US Passport for the baby. This was in Cebu, It took 5 weeks but it was issued and they all went home, apparently had they gone to manila it would have been only 6 days. He told me that never once did they mention a DNA test, maybe you are right Ron, it depends on the official and maybe the circumstances.
    As I am British, this situation has never been a requirement. All is done on the complete and continuous Paper work Being in order.
    I hope all goes well for the Family concerned, seems a lot of cash for PAPALO
    to fork out, just to prove his Child is his. If I was asked that Question I think I would punch someone on the nose :smile:

( I might add that she still uses her maiden name on her PI passport and the Little Girls US passpot is in her Fathers name.)

Jack P.:rolleyes:

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    It is up to the interviewing officer. If the couple has been married prior to the conception of the child, usually DNA is not required. If there are any discrepancies, then often it is asked for.

Also those who register using the outreach programs are seldom asked for DNA.

Larry

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Possibly nobody informed the US Embassy about this, or they have not updated their website. From Manila Embassy website;

"4. When testing kits arrive at the Embassy, the Embassy will notify St. Luke‟s Medical Center Extension Clinic in Manila of their arrival. St. Luke‟s is the only medical facility in the Philippines identified by the Embassy to collect DNA specimen for citizenship purposes."

Source;

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfdna1.pdf

Larry

5. OP
    OP
    Papalo

Papalo DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for all the responses. It will not be necessary for DNA test if I were married to the woman:(. As per one of the replies....birth certificate, marriage certificate, passports or valid IDs...then no deterrents. The DNA test is necessary for the child to be established as an American citizen so that, in the future, will preclude nor hinder any problems in his acquiring entry to the United States.

I come to the Philippines 2x a year for vacations and intend to work on his papers at the American Embassy in Manila. If there are any roadblocks that anybody is aware of, please post. Thanks.

Papalo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.