Dumaguete Info Search

Do you want Limkaichong to sit as Congressman?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by echir, Jul 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    JDEWEY,

why is it only now the Leonardo Panaligan of NDF give those statements to the new congreswomen, NOT DURING PARASes time? is it becuase jossy in not in cohots of the NPA or not givin in to their demands?

WHEN THERE'S FIRE, SOMEONE IS TRYING BURN SOMETHIN

2. averatec3200

averatec3200 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    The NPA-NDF is anti development... they extort money from businessmen, burn cellsites, and even use people's taxes through their front organizations in congress...

Limkaichong could certainly bring development at the 1st District, and the NPA-NDF is doing it could to stop this from happening.

3. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    seconded averatec

4. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I think in the Philippines, you never know who holds the power, the faces you see are fronts for moneyed interests. It would be my guess that the chinese control a large sector of the establishment politics, (perhaps spanish in some areas) especially on the local level, ranging from the barangay Captain to state senator.
    The faces might be Filipino, but look at the money holders, the stake holders in the local economies.
    Number two, the NPA surrounds dumaguete, I am not convinced that these so called NPA groups are united in any kind of cohesive way. I also think the government is infiltrated with so called NPA, especially the military, and barangay politics. The Philippine government uses the spector of the NPA to serve their own political goals to some extent. So what you think is reality is something quite different. The local governments strike deals every day with so called NPA groups who march into towns and Barangays and demand payment to behave(revolutionary tax). In that sense the NPA is nothing more than a contrivance, or a managable group of hoodlums. It is also known that Dumaguete is a large money laundering center for the NPA. It is in fact why Dumaguete is safe. The influx of foriegn currency is a godsend for them. The black marketeers who stand on the street corners exchanging currency are a case in point.
    Now just to be clear, I don't lump th So called NPA with muslim extremist groups like Abu sayef.
    If you look at history going back to say WWII, you will see local autonomous tribal groups uniting with U.S. interests to repel the Japanese, today it may very well be descendants of these same groups rejecting any central authority. The federal government here does'nt squash the NPA, because they can't, and it is advantagious to have them around politically on occasion. so they cut deals under the table giving them limited autonomy. What ensues are local squabbles over territory or feuds between small groups. this is what you read about in the local papers.

This is all an educated guess on my part, love to hear what others think about this.

Oh as an aside. Just a thought. If Hilary Clinton were to be elected next president, (a good chance at this juncture), and she served two terms, There would be a total of two family dynasties (Bush and Clinton) from both political parties having held the power for 28 consecutive years, isn't that Oligarchy?

5. OP
    OP
    echir

echir DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    The thing is, we do not really know who and what these people really are (these people that you see on TV and other media are, well, not real. You know what I mean if you really know them personally.) Believe it or not, the elites prey on the small and the powerless. Why, because they don't speak. And if they do speak, they are harassed and violated.

Believe it or not, the people you respect are really mean and do not respect people's rights. They have good image because they can buy the media. Anyway, who would support the media but those who have money. And if the media attack these people, their establishments will close down. In a sense, most of the elites are a spoiled group because nobody can go against their power. And by that, most of them are corrupt. As the saying goes: Power corrupts.

Now, if you are not willing to die for your freedom you are not worthy of it. I am saying this because the elites harass those who expose their "bad odor".

People need to analyze further what these people are up to. People getting rich because of hardwork, maybe is only half the story. And I do not really respect people who are rich. After all they still prey on the powerless and those who do not have money, because these are the people who cannot fight. Seeing them distributing medicines and involved in the charity works are only there for media exposure. In reality, they are VULTURES.

By the way, I am not in any way connected to the Parases nor do I have any reason to align with them. What I am exposing here are my experiences and the injustices that I suffered as a common citizen. This is an experiment of going against the rich and big men of the society, and I am willing to pay for it, even my very life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.