Dumaguete Info Search

Dolphin-watching in Bais - Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I have been on the dolphin-watching trip in Bais twice now, and I am excited to go on the trip again when my Danish friend arrives in a few weeks. The first dolphin-watching trip we had was on a clear day, and we literally saw hundreds of dolphins, truly an amazing day.

The second dolphin-watching trip was on a little rougher sea, so it was hard to spot the dolphins in the water, but we spotted one group of dolphins who when we found them just swam up in front of the boat and kept playing around there for a long time. The dolphin group were showing off for sure.

Bais was the first place in the Philippines to arrange commercial dolphin-watching tours, and there is still a huge amount of dolphins between Negros and Cebu Island.

It cost P3500 to rent a bot to go dolphin-watching, and make sure you make the deal with the boat crew that after the dolphin-watching you want them to take you to the Sand Bar :smile:

An important note about this trip - bring sun tan lotion, preferably Nivea Factor 30 Sports lotion, that will have you covered even while you swim :smile:

Attached Files:

2. legal eagle

legal eagle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    last time i was in tanjay, i planned to go on a dolphin watching trip in bais but the plan never materialised due to other commitments with my family over there.

next time i visit philippines i shall make this one of the trips that i make during my holiday! thanks for the tip!

how many people can go on the boat for P3,500 hire? do they charge per person also? how about those who go there on their own?

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Have a look here:
    http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/board/...hins-sandbar-1262.html?highlight=bais+dolphin

cheers

Rhoody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.