Dumaguete Info Search

Domestic airfares

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by firefly, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I used to prefer Cebu Pacific, but now that Pal is flying from Centennial Terminal to Dumaguete rather than the Old Domestic Terminal it makes it much nicer and more convenient. I'll be booking My flight any day now, going to Duma on the 12th of June. I'll let You know what the fare is once I purchase it online. Might go econolite or Fiesta. Haven't figured it out yet or done the baggage weight to ticket price comparison math yet. Hopefully I will be travelling somewhat light, but that never seems to be the case.....Must be Married to a Filipina I guess:smile:

2. Bigboy

Bigboy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

PAL and Cebu Pacific are all flying from Centenial Airport, The Old Domestic Airport is now Being used as Terminal for Zest Air Formerly Asian Spirit..

Marrying a Filipina will just add airfare expenses hehehehe..

Good day

3. john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Wow... That's news to Me. I thought that Centennial Terminal was strictly for all PAL flights.. I guess They changed Their tune... Thanks for the Update...

4. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    This is wrong information!

Philippine airlines and Air Philippines is flying from Naia 2 (Centenial airport)
    Cebu Pacific and some Pal-express flights are flying from Naia 3
    Some small airlines like Zest fly from the domestic airport.
    All other international airlines (still) fly from and to Naia 1

5. minime

minime DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the info but i just don't think these domestic airlines are fair because flying with Gulf air or any international airline they allow you 30 kg checked luggage there for if you arrive manila and have a connecting flight to another city in the philippines what are you supposed to do with the 10kg extra luggage? surely pay excess luggage !?or just think twice before packing a 30kg luggage.

6. john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks again for the Newly revised updated information. Looks like I'll still be flying on PAL to Dumaguete departing from Centenial Terminal. I didn't think PAL would allow Cebu Pacific to use Their terminal.. Cheers....

7. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Just a little correction 2P (Air Phils Express) flies out of NAIA 3. Terminal 2 (Centennial Terminal) is exlclusively used by PR (Philippine Airlines main brand).

5J (Cebu Pacific) also uses T3. While SeaAir, Zest Air flies out of the Domestic Terminal.

8. john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Just purchased a roundtrip ticket online from PAL, going from Manila to Dumaguete on the 12th of June returning 11th of July. There were no enonomy light seats left, but the Economy Fiesta fair was still a good deal at P3,862. Plus the added convenience of being able to fly out of the Centenial terminal makes it even better....Cheers..

9. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    It seems that Air Philippines Air Philippines dom't exist anymore.
    If booking a flight on their website you are transferred to Airphil-express AirphilExpress formerly known as PAL-express.
    I didn't notice this transition it must have been done very quietly.
    Anyway it is already long time ago that flights in Dumaguete with Air Philippines have been replaced by Philippine Airlines.

10. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    For Philippine Airlines, for you to avail of the same baggage allowance as your international flight, you must have a single ticket all the way to your final point of destination. If the ticket for the international and domestic leg is issued separately then, the baggage allowance for each respective ticket applies.

So when travelling to the Philippines, make sure that if possible, you're issued a single ticket/itenerary until your final destination (domestic connection). Check also if there is an interline agreement between your international carrier and the local carrier (i.e. PR or 5J) so it allows you to have your luggage checked through to your final domestic destination. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.