Dumaguete Info Search

Domestic airfares

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by firefly, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    [QUOTE
    Check also if there is an interline agreement between your international carrier and the local carrier (i.e. PR or 5J) so it allows you to have your luggage checked through to your final domestic destination. :D[/QUOTE]
    This is not possible in the Philippines and even in the US.
    Upon arrival you always have to pass customs first before you can handle your luggage for a domestic flight.
    In the other direction it is possible, if you leave the country and fly the same airline the same day for your domestic as well as your international flight, the luggage will be checked trough (PR & 5J)

2. wileiz

wileiz DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

yes right! former air phillippines is nnow known as airphilexpress although has been through with palexpress.check out exciting low fares just subscribe to their text alert... have a nice flight!

3. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Flights Cebu Pacific
    All Domestic Flights
    P1 Fare
    International Flights
    All International Flights
    P1 Fare
    Sale Period: Up to Dec. 25, 2010 or until seats last Travel Period: Nov. 11 - Dec. 11, 2011
    As may be expected all "promofares" sold out so save your time and energy to search on this deal.

4. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Of course, the biggest expense comes with the taxes and fuel charges. :wink: This is a great deal, but it might not be much better than typical "sale" fare. Cebu Pacific is very cheap though. I was blown away when on my first trip from Manila to Dumaguete I was able to pick up a ticket for something like USD $35 dollars without purchasing ahead of time. I just went up to the desk and bought a ticket for the same day!

5. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Philippine Airlines bought them out, quite a while ago. They were pretty much broke anyway. AirPhilExpress flies Code Share flights for Philippine Airlines on domestic routes

Airphilexpress is trying to be like Cebu Pacific, same business model, different uniforms. Lots of A-320's on order so lots more competition in the local market.

I know the Expat Consultant advising them, he originally set up Cebu Pacific ..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.