Dumaguete Info Search

Don Atilano Steak House

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Don Atilano Steak House has a very extensive menu, I was impressed with the selection here.

We ordered Potato Skins first and then Baby Back Ribs, both orders came out half cold, and we had to send the ribs back for heating... Once we got the food back it was great though, nice sized servings and the meant was tender.

I would definately go back here again just for the enourmous selection of menu items :smile:

I have not tried their steaks yet, I hope tehy are good as this is the only steakhouse in Dumaguete, other restaurants like Why Not serve steak though.

Attached Files:

2. sheelah

sheelah DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    don atilano

You should try their mango shake, Dane. In my opinion, it is the best mango shake in Dumaguete :D

3. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    No, the best mango shakes are at South Seas Resort. I couldn't get enough of those. Granted, I only tried those and the ones at Jo's Chicken Inato, but it would be difficult for any place to match up with South Seas when it comes to the mango shake. :smile:

4. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    We did go back to this place, and was blown away, it was great - so good that we went back 2 days later for more :smile:

5. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Years ago, before the renovation at Don Atilano, I used to order this special appetizer with spicy shrimps. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, but in the dish they used a special "Don Atilano" secret sauce. Does anybody have any idea what I'm talking about? And has anybody noticed if it's still in the menu? I used to order this appetizer almost every night for take out.

6. waterbaby74

waterbaby74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    could it be the gambas? i cant remember any other shrimp appetizer in the menu...

7. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Thank you! I think that must be it if it's the only shrimp appetizer in the menu. I remember it being extremely delicious! Have you tried it, Waterbaby? I've tried gambas from places in Dumaguete, Cebu, Manila and Dipolog, but Don Atilano's truly has the best because of their "secret Don Atilano" sauce. I still can't guess what was in it!

8. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is no other shrimp appetizer so you're both right, it has to be the gambas. You're right caymimi, it is just delicious :smile:

9. waterbaby74

waterbaby74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes ive tried it. its good to have with an ice cold beer :smile:

im guessing the sauce to be concocted from chili flakes, garlic, shallots or chopped onion leaves, a bit of tabasco maybe, olive oil and some tomato paste (or sauce) and of course salt & pepper to taste. im not exactly a chef so dont take my word for it. hehehe

really i have tried this recipe at home :smile:

10. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    That sounds about right. I think there was a teaspoon of sugar in there too. If I wasn't at work right now, I'd toss all the ingredients you mentioned in the pan and have at it. I can almost smell the delicious aroma! We looked around before for some shallots in Dumaguete, but couldn't find any. Do they still not have shallots there until now? Here in Dubai we found tons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.