Dumaguete Info Search

Don Atilano Steak House

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Seems like it would be even closer, but that still sounds great to me. I think Los Angeles is about 7,000 miles from Manila, which would take about 11 hours. However, the route I took started all the way in Atlanta, and so I was in the air for a total of about 24 hours...the longest stretch being L.A. to Seoul (about 13.5 hours). We were supposed to go straight to Hong Kong, and then on to Cebu, but some itinerary changes added a few flights.

It took me 4.5 hours just to get from Atlanta to Los Angeles, so 7.5 hours for you to get to Manila sounds quite nice to me. I'm guessing it would be about 6.5 to Cebu. Or, if you had reason to go to Davao, perhaps 5.5 or less.

I'll trade you :D

2. BAZ

BAZ DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Kuya we are lucky here in Sydney as it only takes 7 1/2 hours flight to Manila and it is only 2 hours time difference from The Philippines so we leave Sydney and arrive in Manila on the same day ready to party..

cheers BAZ......

3. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Oh, yeah...forgot about the time differences.

Well, add 12 or 13 hours if leaving from the Eastern Time Zone (depending on when Daylight Savings Time occurs). I actually left Atlanta at 7:00pm local time on a Tuesday and arrived in Cebu at 4:30pm local time on a Thursday!

Maybe I'll move to Hawai'i and cut the distance in half. Of course, then there's an 18-hour time difference to deal with. I can't win! Might as well just move to Dumaguete and get it over with :p

4. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Gentleman !! All that fuss about a simple steak.. The ultimate solution to it all is .
    Do it my way Become vegitarian !!

5. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It would be tough for me to limit myself to vegetables and fruits, but it would sure be much healthier, no doubt. I just don't know how I could live without sweet and sour pork, and barbeque ribs :D

6. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Where can I find Don Atilano.

Greetings J.Diver

7. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If I'm not mistaken, it's located in the lobby of the La Residencia Almar hotel on the Boulevard.

8. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're not mistaken Kuya.. :D

9. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd like to get their recipe for the spahgetti we had there. It wasn't heavily sauced in the usual stuff. Something lighter.

We ate there a lot. The waiters ogling the bill bokklet to see whether we'd leave a tip or not was a turn off. Even though there's a 'service charge' added to the bill.

I remember ordering the turkey the first time I was there. Something that was supposed to be included according to the menu didn't come with my meal.

When I asked the owner, she just shrugged it off...

10. nead

nead DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    don atilano steak house / la residencia almar (built in the late 1900s.. was once the home of several governor-generals and governors in the province of oriental negros, now a hotel and steak house)
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.