Dumaguete Info Search

Don Atilano Steak House

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Interesting... Did you know the Japanese occupied the Teves' house on the south side of Bethel during WWII?

2. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    This is going out of the main thread ,but since mentioning WWII Japanese thingy ,I have lived in Channon Hall of SU for a year when it was a coop dormitory for girls . It's near Silliman High school and across the road to Evangel Chapel.They said it used to be a prison during Japanese occupation,added to it that sounds more freaky it was used also as torture chamber and the rumour spreads.Many residents those times think it spooky.

3. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh my. My family had to be mentioned. haha

4. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Which family do you mean, Teves? I met most of them at the back of the green house on the blvd when I was asking about renting one of their smaller homes a little further south on the Rizal street. The ones I met were like in their 60s and up.

The rental never came to be .. I rented in Casa Alicia subd instead

5. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Hey Cheskaraul, my dad told me a long time ago about how he used to hang out with Mayor Teves at his house after school when they were kids. (They are both part of the famously successful high school batch that includes Josephine Ng of Jo's Chicken Inato, Neloy of McNeloy's, Mayor Villanueva of Bais, etc). The batch will be hosting this year's Alumni Founder's Day, so my parents and I will definitely be there. Hope to see you either at Silliman or at Hayahay as planned!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.