Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Beach Properties For Sale

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waterbaby74

waterbaby74 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    in a small city like dumaguete, guests (not limited to foreigners) who visit have always been welcome. efforts by the government and by private investors to enhance tourism seem to be working pretty well. there is nothing wrong with targeting the foreign market, in fact, most third world countries rely on tourism to boost their economies. the presence of foreigners in one place is a concrete evidence that progress is just inevitable. and so are the disadvantages that come along with it, including congestion and inflation of local market prices. the key is regulation and thats where the government comes in.

2. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I think you miss understood what I was saying Newt

3. yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I was referring to liver cyrrosis in my analogy of tourism and alcohol.
    I said in moderation both alcohol and tourism are good for you.
    In excess they are poison. Alcohol in excess can cause liver Cyrosis.
    I was saying islands such as Phuket, Samuk etc have too much tourism
    can be compared to drinking so much you get liver rot. Tourism here has detroyed the islands environment beyond repair as does liver cyrosis destroying the liver beyond repair. The corals around Phuket have been proved to have been destroyed by overdevelopment. Much of it destroyed by the disposal of building materials in the sea.
    You also missed my point about what causes poverty in the Phils.
    The main one is overpopulation. SEcondary to this is the lack of education of sustainable fishing practises amongst this populace.
    My point being that tourism will do nothing to address either problem.
    In fact by actually making the population larger at certain times it will mean the pressure on the environment would be even greater.
    The Dane your comment about divers not doing damage. I presume then you have never seen Koreans dive?
    they are generally as destructive as dynamite or more so.
    I have strong opinions because i am well travelled and have seen the consequences of mass tourism. I happen to love the Philippiens the way it is
    but if you get any more tourists trust me you will regret it.
    Right now its in moderation exccept in borocay.
    If you want everywhere to end up like that then you are sadly misguided.
    I will repeat, the ONLY PEOPLE TO EVER GAIN FROM MASS TOURISM ARE THE GOVERNMENT, CRIMINALS/MAFIA AND ALREADY RICH GREEDY INVESTORS.

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I understand the message you are conveying in this post and your other posts ,yabs.

5. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I haven't seen much of Bayawan apart from its bus terminal where you get connections to the mountains then to Mabinay. Thanks for posting those great pictures of Bayawan echir, I didn't know bayawan has nice beach promanade and sea side.

6. travel.hcg

travel.hcg DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can we change the thread topic ?? this has NOTHING to do with beachfront property any more :(

OR do we open another thread to talk property ??

7. OP
    OP
    The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    More Beach Front Property Discussion

I guess we open another thread with beach front properties...

Finding some way to list what is available is definately also on my agenda with this site, we were looking far and wide to find something online and it was very hard.

:smile:

8. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I agree with pickled newt that tourism is just about the only force preventing the destruction of forests and reefs in the philippines today - ive seen the difference in the past 15 years
    the only negative ive seen the tourists bring are the panhandlers in front of lee plaza - i first noticed them a few years ago and they are getting worse.
    Although i am american i dont like mcdonalds - especially when so much fresh seafood is around its a sin to order a mcd's filet-o-fish... but my daughter is excited about it and i allow a once a week trip to jollibee now, so why not mcdonalds? if you dont like it , go somewhere else... whats the problem?
    yabs - why are you so seemingly self riteous about the purity of the place? it will have less ex pats and foreign influence if you pack your bags and go back to thailand - you move here and already you are the expert - i assume from your viewpoint that you are yabba et al from thorntree - there cant possibly be two of you...

9. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    back on topic - there is beachfront/waterfront property in south cebu at a fraction of what it costs in dumaguete - 300-600 peso per square meter - and its only 20 min by pumpboat from sibulan

10. yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    cebu diver
    how can you possiblyt say that tourism has had a positive effect in borocay and or PG. you must be very sadly misguided if you think the results here have been positive. As i've said i've seen the effects of tourism in thailand and i don't want it all coming here. I've been coming here for years and unlin\ke yourself i'm not some expat with a vested interest in promotion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.