Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Beach Properties For Sale

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I don’t think it’s worth another hard lengthy discussion over the same topic yabs it started again some kind of tension .We already expressed our views in the light of SUSTAINABLE ECO TOURISM as one the lesser evils to combat environmental distruction in the Philippines by way of it giving livehoods , knowledge and motivations to poor Filipinos to help protect the environment… supported by established authoritative beliefs ,not plainly out of our own layman’s creative thinking to counter the arguments. Also,I don’t think it’s fair to label anybody with negative decription only because he doesn’t share your views.

2. cebudiver

cebudiver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I can pretty much say that without any tourist income and economic justification for conservation the remaining reefs would all be rubble now - you think Apo would still have healthy corals without divers income?
    a relatively small number of tourists create a large income by local standards - creating economic reasons to enforce reef preservation - while only adding slightly to environmental pressures by diving and inhabiting the area - the one outweighs the other by a long shot - if you cant see that you are not looking

3. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    apart from diving surely the locals still can't be that stupid not to realize that without the reefs they would starve?
    I thought that was the impetus to make apo a sanctuary as the locals had no fish and therefore no food and not diving fees.
    I am in total agreement that apos tourism model is perfect
    however tourism is like alcohol. in moderation its good in excess its poison.
    As for diving conserving reefs. You obvioulsy havn't seen Koreans dive.
    They are almost if not more destructive than dynamite fishing.
    take a look at borocay and PG if you need any proff of that

4. Marky

Marky DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yabs, are you the Philippino guy with the hat and the walking stick I see around Dumaguete in the mornings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.