Dumaguete Info Search

DUMAGUETE from the plane

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by earlmj, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hello Richard.

I am flying may 7th to Dum from Manila and pay 3200 for a two way ticket.
    Yes on the site it is 568 one way but you forget the taxes.
    But it is also cheap.

Greetings J.Diver

2. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I am so sorry to disappoint you, but the price you quoted is not in Philippine peso it is in USD (What you've seen in adds might be a misprint), but hey, that's still very reasonable for a round trip. Last year my husband & I paid our RT $850 each from SFO, but that was high season (Aug.). This month of April is still in low season. Make sure you purchase your ticket with a consolidator not with travel agent. Good luck! :smile:

3. richard

richard DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    already bought ticket

Swany,

Thanks but i already paid $917 for the big ticket Reno to Manila round trip (although I might never use the round part of it), it was the manila-dumaquete i was checking and if thats $850 ill swim. and im not a good swimmer...so guess i'll be food for da fish...Diver says 3200p round trip (thanks diver) i sure can live with that. Hope to meet you folks sometime and thanks for the information.

4. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Hi Richard; Sorry, I thought you are coming from Reno to Manila. My fault, I did not read your post very well, felt like an ash. . .I apologize for confusing you. The $850 we paid was coming from San Francisco to Manila. That's why I said 568php is probably a misprint or a promo I've seen an add also in the internet $568 (excluding taxes)from SFO to Manila (rt), But you have already purchased a ticket. Well, c'est la vie! :smile:

5. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    West Coast Hokies,
    You are right A P flies the much to old 200 series 737. But then again I never claim Cebu P did. I do believe that the 200 series they use (A P) are not even huskied.I used then one time to Naga /Bicol......Untill some years ago I used to fly myself a Robin Mudry , which is a small single engine prop. It became to much expensive , but perhaps I can pick it up again in Dumaguete...

6. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I know, you didn't claim it. Sorry if it was implied. But I just thought to add some additional info on the planes Cebu P used to fly, in case anyone was interested....Good luck on picking up flying again...I bet flying around negros would be an awesome sight

7. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yep it was sheer fun , though hard work as you know it is all manual. Once I made a huge error with the trimwheel and couldn.,t get "my" nose up.
    So simple ,right under my own nose and yet.. I was having problems to keep everything under control. I prefer Cesna over Robin although Robin is easier to handle , the problem lays in the stick that replaces the stearingwheel.. Just like in a heli... It looks like you are found of planes as well....

Picture is from the internet.. same kind of Robin.. wish it would be mine.....

Attached Files:

8. West Coast Hokies

West Coast Hokies DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Beautiful plane...haven't seen one before, so thanks for sharing! I believe you mentioned earlier they're French made?... I'm more of an aviation history buff than actual flying or private planes. I have gone flying as a passenger with some pilot friends in single engine Cessna's. I can see the attraction!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.