Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Hotels

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    I agree Earl. One thing I like about Tagbilaran is the feeling of a real Filipino provincial city...moves at its own pace pretty much without the trendy trappings and the sleaze....haven't spent enough time in Dumaguete to compare it...but it is probably very similar. Must say I am a little disappointed with Bacolod's direction. Still a nice place, but Goldenfields is turning into another Angeles...always trouble there from what I hear. Muggings, shootings, fights over girls, drugs, you name it....

2. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

[​IMG]

3. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    no bloody face this time?:D

4. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It just isn't worth the effort. It's like being in a FL retirement community, you know..?

Lots of 'experts' with little expertise.

Newbie expats with a Magellan Complex who've recently discovered the Philippines ... I've seen it all too many times.

Tagbilaran? Right..ask the guy who runs the Garden Cafe there about his problems finding adequate schooling for his kids...how they didn't learn any cognitive thinking skills at the best schools in Tagbilaran.

One foreigner in Dgte who's more or less stuck in PI, said the expats who can leave usually stay less than 5yrs..and he's been there something like 20yrs. Maybe Earl would like to use his psychic powers on him as well to weed out what that guy's really thinking...?

Remember when the PI Tourism Secretary suggested Dgte promote itself to sex tourists??

I really don't care, I have a round trip ticket :p

5. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Plaza Maria Louise used to be a nice hotel in early 2000. The rooms were spacious and cheaper than a single room at Worldview. Is Worldview still around, by the way?

I'm sure Bethel will always be good. Roy Cang is known for being meticulous and fair. He added a top floor to Bethel, as I just heard. It contains a Presidential Suite and another type of suite with a panoramic view of Siquijor. I'm not sure when this was added; the last time I was home was Jan 2006.

6. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Very sad to see VIPER ACR ,that you believe I am new in the Phls. Well I am not..That is if you consider 27 years JUST NEW . Beside your defence is weak , ands very cheap, indeed...So sad for you to see that I DO HAVE response all in my favour , diba ?? One more thing I am not an retired USA citizen but a Dutch man working for my Government on Bio -Scientific Environmental Projects .
    Starting April in Negros.by giving out millions in Euros on grants...It is good to know that you have a round trip ticket Please let me know when you are leaving again and I will arrange for a farewell party at the airport !!!
    As you see on the attached picture we are already dressed up , that is my wife and me ,for the pleasure of seeing you out !!!!!

O well , VIPER .. the word says it all , diba

Attached Files:

7. apple

apple DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! I saw this "home quest flats" and "residencia maximo" in the net. Does anyone know if this place is ok for a group of 9? This place is at Piapi, Dumaguete. I've been searching for apartelle or any inn where we could stay in for our July trip there. Tnx.

8. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Piapi is over past the pier, about a mile from Dgte's main area. You might be better off finding a place right in town with everything in easy walking distance.

Earl, you've posted more pics of yourself overdressed than anyone else could or would in a Philippines forum... I crown you Lord of the Flies

Remember though, damitan mo man ang matsing, matsing pa rin...

Don't wear a striped tie with a striped sportcoat pls. It's a fashion faux pas.

Glad you got the di ba part figured out after 27yrs...keep at it. Nagtoon ka'g dugang, nakakaton ka'g dugang.

9. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    But piape isn't that far from dumaguete.I jog-run some times before from San Juan St ( i also lived there once )- Silliman beach ,passing by Piape not far.With over supply of tricycles around, getting a transpost to and fro Dgte-piape area isn't a problem ,even very late hours at night.There are lot of choices of places right in 'high street' Dumaguete along Perdices though and down the Boulevard facing the sea promanade .There's even the newly opened Cheek In hotel, cheesy name:D

10. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Apartment style accomdations might be another better option around dumaguete ,where people are given choices from the conventional stay of hotel accomodations.People can stay like a few days to a week or more in an apartment style places. It's nice having options of a little kitchen,ofcourse most people don't really get the hassles of cooking ,but when times like you just like to relax have cup of hot chocolate or coffee ,a nibble at night,you don't need the pains to change from your pajamas again to go out . Some hotels give you thermos and cups,but it's nice just to have extra space or little kitchen .And having a little garden to sit outside is an added value,if the price doesn't count it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.