Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Hotels

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple

apple DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I see. Can someone answer some of my many questions? Cause im really having too much problem fixing our sched for dumaguete.
    Place to stay
    a. Which of these can you recommend for a group of 9. Harold's Mansion, Check Inn and Home Quest. We prefer cheap but clean and good place to stay in (not after with so much amenities. just a place for us to sleep and bathe) since we would be spending almost of our time out for tour.

b. how many minutes will it take from dumaguete to piapi? and to check inn and to the harold's

[/U]Tour[/U]
    i've set our 3 day trip to dumaguete. Dnt know if this sched is ok.
    First day: (arrived in dumaguete is approx 8:30 am - 9:00)
    by 10 am we'll be leaving to tejeros, forest camp and lake balinsasayao OR
    casaroro falls, forest camp then lake balinsasayao

Second day:
    by 6 am we'll be leaving for bais (dolphin watching) stay at sandbar then perhaps have a bit city tour either to dumaguete or valencia afterwards.

Third day: (our flight back to manila is 3pm)
    by 7 or 8 we'll be having city tours to dumaguete / valencia etc

So far these are the places I've seen where we can have city tour. And i really dont know where to go here. Ang dami neto at d ko alam which one ang ok puntahan at yung magkakadikit.
    Silliman University, Hikaban Cooperative and Claytown Pottery, Aqua Sports Center, Cathedral Bell Tower, ANgtay Golf Club and Driving Range, Christmas House – Amigo Subd. Lake Melipendol, Lake Yayumyum in Mt. Talinis, Lake Halawig of Mt. Talinis, Church of Nuestra Senora de los Desamparados, Fountain in sunken plaza, Bacong stonecraft and factory (NOAH – negros oriental arts and heritage), Bacong Church, Talisay Beach Park, Kataal Museum, Ecological Park and Dumpsite. Last stop souvenir shopping and Rizal Boulevard, Fil-AM-Jap Amity Shrine, Spanish Fountain, PNOC Geothermal Power Plant

TNx in advance sa makakatulong.. hehehe Also, baka may interested s inyo magparent ng van para sa mga trip n yan.. I've already asked V hire. Nakanote sa list ko price nya. Baka meron p jan para makapili po kami :smile: Tnx again

2. joernhh

joernhh DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, Hotel Palwa is a nice and new hotel. I stay there for some days in march. It`s a nonsmoker and antialcohilichotel..... Good for me. I`m a smoker like San Miguel and Tandoai too...hehe.. But everybody have to take a break and that`s why was Hotel Palwa a good hotel for me. Absolutly clean, best service and a realy nice staff.. I`ll back!

3. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    I don't know about all those other places, but I think Christmas House in Amigo Subdivision is only open to tourists during Christmas time.

Home Quest Lodge has the most bare minimum amenities you can find. The single rooms they have are closet-size with just a bed and electric fan, and the bathroom is shared by everyone. At Harold's Mansion, it is a hotel with TV's in the room. Most have airconditioning, but if you're on a tight budget they have rooms with electric fans. I stayed for a month in one of the airconditioned rooms with a TV, private bathroom of course and a balcony overlooking the street, but that was way back in college. Don't know the state of the rooms by now. About Check Inn I have yet to see it when I come home, as I wasn't there when it was built.

4. Kianna

Kianna DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What would be the best hotel for a smoker? Or at least one with a balcony/patio for smoking outside.

5. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Hello Kianna. Try to check the thread about Bethel Hotel. JUst came back 3weeks ago and stayed there. It's so clean and the staff are so polite. I suggest book a room in the fifth floor. Posted some pix of the lovely balcony-made for the guests who smokes or just enjoy the view of the sea.

6. jss

jss DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bethel bethel bethel bethel!

Need I say more?

7. PaperMoon

PaperMoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I need more info on La Residencia Almar. I'll be going home in October for a niece's wedding and I plan to just stay in the city where the wedding will be held. Though I have cousins in the city, I've decided to stay in a hotel so as not to bother them (everybody will be busy with the wedding preps). So I need suggestions on a comfortable and clean hotel. I've read the Bethel thread but I would like other options. I've already asked my brother to check on La Residencia, but your comments and feedbacks will be greatly appreciated. TIA

8. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    This happened in 2001 when I got a room in La Residencia for myself and my gf. The room was mediocre and the aircon unit wasn't working properly. My girl stepped on a dead lizard whick was left on the floor for I'd say quite sometime as it was already feasted upon by ants. Now I don't know if this was a one-off thing - maybe they were understaffed at the time - but still that's a bit much to put up with as they were charging a bit more than Bethel's.
    Bethel OTOH was clean and yes, the staff were friendly, laundry service was exceptional and the food downstairs yumm!!
    Maayong adlaw!!:D

9. PaperMoon

PaperMoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Daghang salamat progmeister. I had lunch at Bethel the last time I was home. The place looks clean indeed and my brother and cousins have only good things to say about the place. Morag adto na lang ko stay. I'm so excited!

Maayong adlaw pud diha...

10. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    You're welcome Moon, uban ko be:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.