Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Hotels

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    there is a brand new hotel next door al most to harrolds
    ican't remeber the name but it is superb.
    check in pension also looked ok
    worldview is ok for the price but my overall favourite is south seas

• Like Like x 1
  2. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Yes, worldview is also reasonably priced esp if one plans a long-term stay. As soon as you go out you're slap bang in the middle of town. Maayong buntag!!!

3. PaperMoon

PaperMoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks yabs. Will ask my nephew to check on the new place. And South Seas seems nice...but I need a hotel that is closer to the city center. I plan to take a stroll down the boulevard, and to the market and the Cathedral.

progs, tara let's para sadya! He he

4. PaperMoon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's the exact location of worldview?

5. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    In front of where OK Mart is/or used to be (I heard sometime ago there was a fire in that area). I cant even remember the street name... Colon? Perdices St? The boulevard is just a 5-minute stroll away. With Ok Mart in front of you, SU is to your left, the rest of town to your right. I miss the siopao from Rosante's..

6. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    i'd go fo the new hotel next to harrolds over worldview as rooms are really nice
    plus a nice coffe shop downstairs

7. caymimi

caymimi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    I can't remember the name of the new place either but I recall seeing it the times we passed by. How's the service, yabs? I like the service at Bethel, but what freaked me out a little was that they just hand over the key at reception without asking who you are. Anybody can just walk in and mention a room number and they give the key to you, no questions asked. My sister hung on to her key and never turned it into reception every time we went out. Other than that, their service is excellent. We left tips for room service all the time, but they just wouldn't accept it. Weird how we could hear whenever someone flushed their toilet though. I think Bethel is perfect for the person that desires privacy and doesn't want to be bothered by anybody; also for the person that desires cleanliness and prefers housekeeping to be invisible and un-intrusive.

8. PaperMoon

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got back from Dumaguete yesterday. I stayed at Bethel and I'm quite happy with the place. It's clean, the view of the boulevard is superb and service is efficient. The only thing that ticked me off a bit was when they woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me that they're going to charge me an extra person. You see I came in Thursday and booked a room for 2. I didn't know that they are very strict about this 2 persons per room only thingy. Since my husband would be coming in Saturday morning and I didn't want to sleep alone at the hotel, I asked my 2 young nephews to sleep over Friday night. So there...they wanted to set up an extra bed pa! I said no, I'm too sleepy to be bothered and the boys would fit in one bed.

But that was really a small thing lang...All in all, it's a good hotel.

My cousin from the states had a bad experience at South Seas last Saturday. They had to cancel their booking at the last minute because the room wasn't available 'til 2pm. And we had a wedding to attend at 2pm! The reason why she booked the room was to have a place for her to prepare and change for the wedding. The person who was to do her hair and make up came and she got no room yet. She was so mad!

9. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Coco Grande but I suspect that was what was being referred to as the "new hotel next to Harold's Mansion". In fact it's been there for ions. I've never stayed there but had friends who have and they said it was great. Maybe I can get a new thread going on the Bethel House. I sent them an email for a reservation and nobody has bothered to email me back with confirmation.

10. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    By the way, I befriended an Aussie last March who hired a couple of prosti's for some late afternoon sex. These girls are notorious hookers on the boulevard and looked the part. I warned him they would never get past the front desk. He gave them his room number and they were knocking on his door a half hour later. Don't ask me how they did it. Maybe it's the time of day too....I don't know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.