Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Hotels

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The South Seas is a very appealing looking place. Very quiet area but it's definately off the beaten path and not an easy walk into town. I couldn't stay there myself for very unusual reasons; the road is so horrible leading into the place that I had extreme back pains taking a pedi cab there for their Friday buffet. I don't think US Warthogs with cluster bombs could have done any worse to that road. Too bad. They have such wonderful staff there. I took some of the girls out to the Hayahay for my birthday last March. Charming angels.

2. ritz

ritz DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anybody know if there's any car rental in Dumaguete city? If so, how much do they charge per day?

3. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Canuck,that road connecting to the South sea resort from the main road had been like that for ages,dunno why the city hasn't bothered to mend it ,so bad seems like that of ' surface of the moon' with little craters.Passed by that strip 12 yrs ago and of last the last time we're there ,not much has change,still off the beaten path.

ritz, andy of Devlin's (member here) has some cars for rent , or the SCUDS of dgte.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    car rental

http://www.dumagueteinfo.com/devlins-restobar.php

there you sind info about the vehicles of Andy on the bottom of the page

cheers

Rhoody

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Kumusta ko, how far is South sea resort to town? is it walking distance?
    and do you think they would give discount for long stay.

Salamat.

jim

6. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey Jim,

It's in Bantayan so not walking distance but handy enough if you're on a bike. They might give a special rate if you ask them.

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks progmeister, trikes might go down there eh, have a bumpy ride :D

8. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    No worries jim, last time I went there was in 2002 or 2003, the road was pot-holey to say the least so it will be a bumpy ride if they still haven't managed to mend it.

9. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    It's not really that far from Dgte city center ,say for instance from corner perdices -silliman avenue ,its about 10 minutes with a slow tricycle/car to south seas ,can be longer when roads so congested . Silliman beach is even further down in distance than going to SS by tricycle.But distance by foot from the Silliman beach is only a tad close to South sea beach (this by the coastline ).I don't really know if they do discount for longer stay,i suppose there should be some options,best is give them a ring .

Here's a site giving cheaper options to call from UK to Philippines,lot of choices.
    International Calls: Cheapest way to call every country...

Utilities & Phones: International Call Checker

if calling to mobile to ph Utilities & Phones: International Call Checker
    i call there for hours sometimes even few times a week,also to the US just .5p/min (can talk all day) a lot cheaper than normal rip off rate. often use the topUPdiscount 6p/min and good so far,but as said lot of choices.

I'm putting this for anybody base in uk looking for alternative options for cheaper calls to Ph.

No commissions OK, only to help.:D

10. shing

shing DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My colleagues and i are planning to stay in Dumaguete. We're planning to stay in World View but I can't find their website. I would very much want to look at the place. we're also planning in Harold's or Insular. Which is better ba? Thnks....Is there a fastcraft from Iloilo to Dumaguete. I've known only the trip from iloilo to bacolod by boat and bacolod to dumaguete by bus....Anybody who can give me the price for transpo.....I'd appreciate it very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.