Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Hotels

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    there are plenty of threads and info just the last few days here in the forum about ferrys, pls use the search function on top of this board...

many small Hotels here in Duma have no website, sorry

Rhoody

2. port80

port80 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Stayed at Hotel Palwa over the holidays and I highly recommend it. Our room was well-appointed for the price (P899/2pax/night), food was good and the service even better :smile:

3. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Thanks for the recommendation Port80. Bet you had a great time in Duma.:wink:

4. ZambeziKid

ZambeziKid DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi Jim, for sure they do. I just stayed there for one week and they gave me 10% off without me even asking. I'm not really into bargaining, so I would imagine you'd do better if you were persistent!

5. port80

port80 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ^^Yes, chrissar, we had a blast at Dumaguete. I'd like to post my travel blog on Dumaguete somewhere in the forums if I am allowed to do so -- will check for the appropriate section. Thanks :smile:

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    go to the CP - Panel and make the link to your blog as a signature... and make a link to us ( I was at your travel site... real good one).
    Other members here just want to have high rated links to their site, to increade theri own traffic, we don't like to support that kind of stuff. Your blog is well written, nice pictures and good humor

cheers

Rhoody

7. port80

port80 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ^Thanks Rhoody. I'll find out how I can better post a link to this site in my blog. I've been raving about this site in other forums I frequent also -- my contribution to your efforts :smile:

8. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Although I've never stayed there, The South Seas resort looks like a nice quiet and tame place. I know some of the girls there and they are angels. The food is pretty good also. A very, very bumpy ride into the place on a badly cratered road though. Best to avoid the place if you have a back problem and travelling by pedi cab.

9. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess I've probably missed my 2 cents worth on the hotels as last post was on October 31. I noticed that when these Hotel recommendation questions come up, the replies seem to forget the Coco Grande. I've never slept there but I did have a peek at one of the rooms and have had a coffee or two in their cafe. From the few hotels I have seen in town, it might top my list for convenience, quiet, clean, modern blah..blah...blah.... I do know that they will negotiate long term rentals and it has been favoured by companies sending contract workers into DGTE. Within a pretty reasonable walk of downtown and the boulevard also. A bit of an odd arrangement for food. They call your order over to their affiliated restaurant, the Coco Amigos and then send a bike over to fetch it for you...short ride , 10 minute delivery maybe. If money was no object, I could easily see myself calling it home.

10. PaperMoon

PaperMoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ^Coco Grande is lovely indeed. My nieces and a balikbayan cousin and her husband were billeted there and I got the chance to look at the rooms. It's got this homey ambiance...quite charming. Heard that the food is great, too. My cousin's American husband was raving about his breakfast haha!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.