Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete MUST TRY:

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by SU babe, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SU babe

SU babe DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    -> best chicken inasal @ JO'S CHICKEN INATO. silliman avenue.

-> best cakes & pastries @ SANS RIVAL near rizal boulevard. Try their ensaimada, it melts in your mouth.

-> best 'buko halo' @ FOREST CAMP in valencia.

-> must try to watch theatre play at luce auditorium in silliman. worth the credit.

-> best place to hangout on wednesday nights. HAYAHAY restaurant for the top band in town ENCHI (ska music). their songs are in the visayan dialect though but the beat is good)

2. spectre

spectre DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i agree with everything except the chicken. you should also try CITY BURGER, it's opposite PETRON Gas Station along Real Street.

3. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    city burger was once my favorite chicken place, mostly because it was close to home. I ordered chicken there a month ago started eating and it was full of worms, Luckily I did not eat any, they offered to replace the meal Somehow, it wasn't an apealing offer, I declined and left.
    Now if had ordered worms and got chicken by mistake, different story.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Hey RHB, don't be THAT picky... with the right seasoning it tastes like chicken anyway.... hehe

last Saturday I ordered in a famous foreigner hangout a cold beer, I got a hand-warm SMB, I complained and it got replaced with another hand-warm beer, which was standing already open for 30 minutes behind the counter... that's what I call a real drama.

I better go to Ading's, it's usually very drinkable there, and if not I get a warning and i am allowed to feel the temperature before they open it... That's service...

Rhoody

5. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    and I hear Ading's has Cerveza Negra now, for those who's taste it suits. One UK guy, and one German for sure...

6. spectre

spectre DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wtf???!!! for real?

guess i'm lucky though. haven't tasted worms yet either so... :D

7. Sama

Sama DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cerveza negra

in Adings, that sounds good for a rainy afternoon like it looks like to get this afternoon :smile:

8. OP
    OP
    SU babe

SU babe DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    see what i mean guys?!! :wink:

i'm a big fan of JO's chicken inato . it's skewered chicken breast or thigh, marinated in soy sauce, vinegar, ginger. served with papaya salad, 'atchara' in local term, with steamed rice--sounds good eh!
    Eaten best with just your hands. Try that for a change! Like the locals do! Eh!
    'not the feet, of course' a famous quote by Ms. Philippines & Ms. Universe Gloria Diaz in the 70s. :wink:

'ensaimada' is sweet bread, topped with strips of cheddar cheese, sprinkled w/ sugar granules. toast in the oven for like 30sec-1minute. soooo gooood! best w/ coffee in a lazy afternoon. it's merienda* in heaven!

merienda - light snack or quick bite usually in the afternn. 'merienda cena'. filipinos offer this to guests in the house, so better not refuse it, even if you're full. it's appreciated if you grab a bite.

to all of you, WELCOME! :wink:

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I also like the breasts of chicks.... One of my favourite dishes, not only for merienda...

Rhoody

10. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Also marinated and roasted Rhoody ? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.