Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete MUST TRY:

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by SU babe, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    When we once arrived in South Sea (2 years ago exactly) late in the evening (around 22:30 PM or so) we could NOT eat anymore.
    That was not MY biggest problem because I needed an ice cold beer after a long trip from Manila and Cebu City.
    There was at that moment a celebration (wedding party ?) at the poolside so I went there to ask for some beers.
    The fridge still had some beer but it was closed (they said). Also the party members had their last order (at that time !!!!).
    Nobody was allowed to serve beer anymore.
    To go to a nearby shop to buy beer is not easy there. They told me I had to take a taxi or trike to get it in town !!:mad:
    I was swetting like hell and my tong and throat were like dry leather.
    I saw near to our beautifull bungalow at the other side of the resort some young guys sitting , drinking ......beer !!
    I asked them if they would sell me one of the cans they still had not opened.
    "Oh, we will get you some cold ones" they said and asked the waitress.
    In a few moments I had my ice cold beers. I did not ask for any explanation anymore and started to drink and drink and drink.
    But funny...isn't it ? The place is great and our bungalow very comfortable.

2. Travel Time

Travel Time DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tried Joe's chicken..once

3. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    mmm......I brag to all my friends about how WONDERFUL all the grilled chicken and seafoods are in the PHL! Nothing compares! I miss it so!

Yes especially Jo's chicken!

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    actually I agree to the chicken and seafood in general.

Joe's chicken is one of the most over-rated places... not only in Dumaguete. It is terrible junk-food just trying to go not the "burger way".

But hey, maybe i am wrong, they serve rice, chicken, soysauce and calamansi, so it must be good. so what you want more ???? I guess i am really wrong though...

Rhoody

5. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Just change your taste Rhoody :D
    I eat other stuff at Chicken Inato when I HAVE to go there because SHE is loving it and the kid too.
    So, who am I to keep them away there :wink:

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    It's good that tastes are different...
    I just was forced on easter-Sunday by my little-little one to have "her" easter dinner in Jollibee and until today I can feel the energy of the "high-energy, nutrient-rich meal"...

cheers

Rhoody

7. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Then there is Liempo, featured at most chicken Inato places, what we make bacon from they just grill, dripping fat and good juices. really very good, but not certainly healthy. In a country where many go hungry, we forget that the nuances of our picky western tastes go wasted on deaf ears.
    People wealthy enough to eat out, meaning filipinos, should be afforded the food they desire. After all it is food that gives one a full belly, beyond that the rest is opinion and preference.

8. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Poor thing! must be so frustrating for u. but, did u ever wonder that the waiters who denied u the drinks might have mistaken u as one of the party member and not the guest of the hotel? As u said u were told that the party members has their last orders, thus the reason why they won't serve beer anymore - to the party members, but not to the hotel guests actually...that might conclude why u got ur cold beer from the other side of the resort:smile: ...could have been....??
    And yeah, i agree w/ the bungalows.

9. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Mommy (sounds also great he ?), yes I told them that we were guests there.
    But I believe you are right in a way.
    I think they were not allowed to serve there anymore at the poolside, being hired by the party-group. But they did NOT say so to me.
    Sometimes you get answers which make you even more confused. I'm used to it meanwhile so I ask the same question 2 or 3 times using other words so I am a bit less confused after analysing the 3 different answers :D :confused:
    It makes me laugh now mostly :smile:

10. mommyseksi

mommyseksi DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yup! charge it to experience!!:D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.