Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete News

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Good one Jelly I can imagine what an insensitive fellow you might be, since Ading's is only a sari sari in your mind, of course it doesn't matter what happens there.
    Am I shocked? absolutely, once you have a 45 caliber automatic pointed at your head while your wife has a 38 pointed at her it has that effect.

I already told Rhoody I would not post my "news", but now that someone else did I should put it in perspective, if it is removed later no problem.

Crime exists everywhere, no one argues that, how you decide to view Dumaguete resides within your mind and preconceived notions etc.
    I take resonsibility for what happened to us, I let my gaurd down in the face of some warnings recieved the week before. I don't blame the police or Dumaguete.

The police have been absolutely great. There response to our situation was immediate and forceful. they followed up and now patrol or area day and night. there are things won't say that may hinder an investigation, but I will say this.

This is organized crime, not random drug related incidents. Taclobo, Batingel and other suburbs arew being targeted. These are late night well orchestrated crimes. we were scouted, and surveiled before they entered.
    The police have beefed up their nightly patrols in the city downtown, forcing the criminals outward. You will not see the new patrols they are undercover. But they are there.

The police despite previous comments to the contrary are on the ball responding within minutes of the crime and providing follow up investigation and protection. I can say they are doing as well as they can. there have been several incidents in the last weeks with shooting the store owners and victims common. we arte lucky. To those who say "get a gun", It would have done little good. two men with two guns and lookouts, makes the odds against you. It is not a easy as a Dirty Harry movie, believe me.

Mitigating factors were that the street lights had been out for the previous three nights, They timed their attack at closing time. Our friend in City hall called Noreco the next day and they fixed the lights, a little late.

Has it affected my outlook? Of course it has, do I blame Dumaguete? no. As I said I presented them a target, they took advantage of a situation to exploit it.

2. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Thank God you and your family were not physically hurt. Hidden cameras work well too. I wouldn't trust any police officer unless you personally know him/her. Just my opinion.

How did the street lights go out?

You can get money or ink that will go on money and will stain someone or a crooks hand when they handle the money. Not immediately though. Takes about an hour for the ink to set in and the stain stays for about a month.

Sounds like they cased your place. They new when you were going to close and probably knew or had something to do with the lights too.

Did you recognize anyone? mannerisms, voice. These are things that you should try to recall. Motorcycles or vehicle that they used.

I had a 357 magnum stuck in my face before. You did the right thing. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

3. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    First Tubig guy, thanks for the words and advice.
    The street lights are off and on occasionally, this seems to happen on its own for what reason I dont know. So that in itself is not unusuall.

I know how things work here and also know no one can be ruled out. I won't say anything else regarding the details here. Let's just say we have friends in the system watching out for us.

We have a hidden camera, but it was hooked up in our home to monitor store in our absence. Well, we changed that... we also have a guard now. In addition the neighborhood has been great and we have a sort of neighborhood watch going on.

We are all unharmed because we did not resist, property can be replaced lives can not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.