Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Restaurants

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Dec 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Is it only me that finds most of the places so highly recommended here are lame, at best? I won't go into the details, but bland food and lousy service just doesn't do much for me anymore.

Larry

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Larry, not just you. Without Thai, Mexican, Greek, Spanish, etc, it is hard to find a less-than-bland restaurant. What I do, given Guenther is a friend of mine, I go to Casablanca and ask them to add more spice or more of Marcel's herbs to my dish, they are always accommodating. Most of all, I enjoy my home barbecue but still miss the above-mentioned ethnic dishes. I actually don't have a number two or number three restaurant. I tried the burger and KRI and must have caught them at a bad day, didn't match up to the burger at Mike's. I haven't made it to Mia's and I haven't had the steak at Moon Cafe, so will give them a try. Being you live in Valencia, I heard there is a Swiss guy who operates a friday-only dinner, can you offer your opinion of that? Thanks

3. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    You would be referring to Swiss Rudy. Im not sure if he is still doing this but you can find him most afternoons at Edelweiss having a beer or two:smile:

4. jimmylew

jimmylew DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Whats up?

Hey Larry-Dont need to know about where to dine.I will figure it out when I get there.This is Jimmy in Shanghai.I was in Korea before teaching English.You offered to help me find an apartment when I get there and I will take you up on that.Dumaguete/Valencia seems to be the places to retire besides tagaytay and Puerto Princesa.I will also try to get at least a part time teaching job(English) at one of the collleges there in Dumaguete.Just to keep me busy.I am teaching at a university now in Shanghai.Anyway hope to hear from you and feel free to email me at my personal address jlewellen2003@yahoo.com and thats also my skype ID.take care.......Jimmy

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    My wife had the burger at KRI, and I got to finish it as she wasn't too impressed. I must say I was not impressed either. The first time there I had the ribs, which were terrific. The second time I had the ribs again. They were undercooked and bland, much like the local lechon, which I don't care for. We have been eating at Mooon cafe in Cebu for a few years, and were usually satisfied. We tried the Mooon here a few months after they opened, and were disappointed. I haven't given up on KRI or Mooon, we will try again after they have some more practice. I did have a snack at Mia's once, and found it passable. We routinely go to Mike's, and are seldom disappointed. Rudy is superb cook, one of the best around, and is still doing his Friday lunch. I have never been disappointed there. As Dave said, you can find him most afternoons at Edelwiess.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.