Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete to CDO......by car????

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Howardsnewyork, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    If I'm not mistaken, Ozamis - Dumaguete was previously served by Sulpicio Lines with the Carribean Princess/Princess of Paradise serving the route... this was before Sulpicio was forced to go under due after the Princess of the Stars tragedy. Sulpicio was forced to rename and concentrate on cargo.

2. highway_61

highway_61 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I still have that Siquijor glossy leaflet, very good job it is too even though I am now on a totally different island, must have cost them quite a bit to produce each one. Details of Siquijor tourist attractions, pictures, everything, most of it is still very valid. Good job. However apart from the weekly Lazi-Iligan ferry they also say there was a weekly Lazi-Dumaguete one.

3. OP
    OP
    Howardsnewyork

Howardsnewyork DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What a trip....still not done...

Thanks...
    We made the ferry trip Cebu to CDO.....overnite....the experience at the port in Cebu was ridiculous....too long to get into...(security, dogs...loading and unloading of everything from my car for inspection, wife waiting in one place ...me and car in another..) and the worst part was the P12,000 for a Fortuner...
    We went to 2 falls in Iligan...real nice....back to CDO...white water rafting....lots of fun....then CDO to Butuan...(about a 15k stretch of HORRIBLE,roads....even in a comfy Fortuner....then on to Tandag...one of the worlds greatest unknown beaches...that no one goes to....the locals are scared of the surf...back to Butuan by way of the Enchanted River,,,,Really nice....next stop Iligan ...dont forget to go to Cheddingd....best pnuts in PI...then onto Dakak....and finally the ferry that I should have taken in the first place...Dapitan to Duma......
    Thanks to all here
    Howardsnewyork
    Dumaguete

4. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Seems to me not logically when you look on the map of the island of Siquijor where Lazi is located. On the other side of the island, so a ferry have to go around the island first before crossing over to Dumaguete. There was and maybe it still operates, a RoRo service between Plaridel (about 20 km west from Oroqiueta) to Larena on Siquijor. It wasn't a daily service, sailing time around 5 hours.

5. highway_61

highway_61 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yes I took the Plaridel ferry a few weeks ago from Larena, and got a bike on it, night ferry with bunks about 700 for the bike, 500 odd for the bunk. 2am departure 3 times a week takes 4-5 hours. Drove to Iligan from there, doable in one day even on a 125, unlike Dapitan (which you can reach from Dumaguete) which would not be doable in one day on a small bike. I was also surprised at that leaflet but it definitely suggests there was a Dumaguete ferry from Lazi some years ago, as well as the Iligan one which is not such a surprise. As of now there are no ferries to anywhere from Lazi at all. I went down the port last month and asked.

6. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Even from Plaridel to Iligan on 125cc motorbike the trip cannot be considered as fun. A pleasant break is the short ferry trip from Ozamiz to Mukas to release your buds from the buddy seat and stretched out your legs before making it to final destination.

7. highway_61

highway_61 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it certainly wasn't funny for me. I was in some pain from a bike accident a few days before, had two girls on the back and about four bags with us. It was also pissing down with rain. We decided to stop in Ozamis, however had the weather been better we could have made it to Iligan without that much difficulty seeing as the ferry arrives in Plaridel at 7am we would have had time enough to get there before dark. After Ozamis, the road improves a lot. CDO would be beyond range though in any conditions.