Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Traffic Violation No:134558

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    So true, but as mentioned in my previous post your bike suddenly becomes invisible when you drive up on the sidewalk. no problem to block the pedestrian way. Actually if your bike fits perpendiciular to the curb without protruding into traffic you get 5-10 minutes grace time, but the obviously illegally parked bike bike did not compute in the brain of the officer. things come clearly to them, but may be unfathomable to us.

2. Chris_Ana2007

Chris_Ana2007 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hhhmmmm they concentrate on the city of DUmaguete but do they know that there are a lots of violators on the Highways????

I remember we were there for a more than a month and My loving wife and me always traveling back and forts from Zamboanguita to Dumaguete. WHEW!!! It's very rough time to travel specially during the night time. You never knows whose gonna show up the next minute when you drive. Some motorcycles NO, head lights, break lights, and even protecting themselves they don't even care to have one. Bikes (manual) with no reflectors.

My wife always keep watching the highway, Driver on motor bikes with no head lights nor Breaklight dont even wear a lighter shirts so that some drivers could know that they ahead. I guess the LTO or the Traffic Enforcer in Duma is not really aware about it. In Davao, ( if been there) teh LTO and traffec enforcer is very strict. Your not allowed to ride your motorbikes if your lights are not working well. They very specific about your safety and some other drivers. They even let you bring some extra shirt (White one is required) just encase somewhere along the way your lights went out.

I do hope that problem the LTO is aware about it.

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    "The children were also told not to play with toy guns."

Yes, toy gun worthless, no fun. Use real gun, shoot neighbor goat, have dinner.

Larry

4. akoaypinay

akoaypinay DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Traffic citation tickets

Oh yes! Another rip-off issue in Dumaguete, I guess? Did you guys ever know that the Land Transportation Office is insisting that it is only their agency and not even the city government that has the right to collect fees from traffic violators? It was in the news several months back that City Hall and LTO are looking at ways to meet halfway about this. I also got a citation ticket for "parking against the flow of traffic" and yes, I admit I was guilty. But, I just followed the example of another car in front of me! So, I took pictures of all the vehicles that were parked "illegally" just like mine was, and some of them did not have citation tickets because the traffic enforcer had already gone somewhere else!!! Yes, do take pictures to support your claim, that's certainly going to attract the attention of the authorities.

5. OP
    OP
    Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Actually I paid today at the City Hall and it was 50 Peso, like I asumed. The lady there was too nice to argue with, so we just exchanged cell-numbers and agreed to discuss the issue with a cold beverage later today... hehe

cheers

Rhoody

6. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I have to take back my statement about the sidewalk, and please watch out in Dumaguete downtown, the traffic police are targeting foriegners I believe. Rhoody's case was a set up, Yesterday I went to Ricky's bakery, parked as I have parked for the last three years, next to all the other motor bikes I might add, and when I came out a ticket was on my handle bar.

none of the other bikes had tickets, my "150 cc big bike" the only one. And the offense was not parking illegally or parking on sidewalk,(both listed on ticket) but disobeying traffic signs???

Further, a friend of ours works in city hall, her advice... ignore the ticket, (she has collected 5) there is no reciprocation with the LTO right now. For most likely reasons stated above. A fiefdom squabble.

I will pay never the less, because since I am indeed a foriegner, the chance to be singled out again is very likely.

7. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Sell the

bike and take a trike. When we are in town we rent a waive (a red one). It blends in with all the rest and is hard for the ticket pushers to single you out as a foreigner.

8. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Rhoody

If you don't want to get a ticket for "driving in slippers" go bare foot! As for the "Sleeveless Shirt" just rip a sleeve off an old shirt and pin it to the back of of a sleeveless shirt, hence making it a sleeved shirt. Is it worth 50 PHPs? You just have to out smart the Dumaguete Traffic ticket writers.

9. spectre

spectre DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    as much as i like to obey the law, sometimes the traffic enforcers tend to be picky on their targets. if it's some bigshot businessman disobeying parking signs, they'd let it go after the solons breathe down on their neck.

twice i've been given a ticket for parking against the flow of traffic. twice i've seen others doing the same but not given tickets. twice i've ignored and not paid P50 each. twice they never bothered to send me a letter for collection. it's as if nothing happened. see how pathetic the system is.

10. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello Rhoody.Just 50 php for a date with a nice police lady.What a nice price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.