Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete Traffic Violation No:134558

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Rhoody, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    If you violated the law, its pretty simple. You get a ticket and you pay the ticket. Just because someone else is not getting a ticket does not exempt anyone from getting a ticket if they violated the law. What is the solution? Don't violate the laws! I suggest that you pay your tickets too. I would not want to be harrassed or who knows maybe placed in jail because of an old ticket that I never paid. 50p? C'mon!

2. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I was thinking about this and it reminded me of a friend of mine in California. I flew in from Arizona and my friend picked me up at the airport to bring me to another mutual friend's house for the weekend. There was going to be a big suprise birthday party at the house. Anyway, my friend and I had to go to the bathroom really bad so, he pulled his car into a parking lot and we both jumped out to take a p*ss. Low and behold who pulls out of nowhere? The cops. They put on their lights and come right over to us. They ask for identification and we give them our drivers license. My friend had an unpaid parking ticket or speeding ticket. They hauled his @ss down to the jail and he did not get out until 11 pm that night! We had to post bail for him too.

3. Gold Surfer

Gold Surfer DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess every country has its own traffic arrogance for making revenues. Just like what happened to me lately when I wrecked my mustang during a wet weather in Texas due to hydroplaning. I called 911 to help tow my car out from the brushes and here comes these State Troopers who then cited me for failure to control speed. I ask them " How did you know that's what happened when there's no witnesses, no brake marks and I was driving 10-15 mph below the speed limit? " The trooper said they give this every time an accident happens. These troopers can make their own law of physics and science to make revenues ( it's a $200 ticket ) and if they're really experts like that...they should be working in NASA!

A young quadriplegic patient of mine told me that the State Trooper even chased her at the hospital after the accident just to give her a ticket for failure to control speed. Her dad was furious telling the trooper " Look at my child...how do you think she'll be able to pay that ticket when she's paralyzed in all four limbs? "

Bottom line is: Does getting an accident a violation now too? Who wants to have an accident to happen voluntarily? What's next...you'll get a ticket for having a " stroke " because you failed to control your cholesterol?

4. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Texas and the Philippines are actually quite similar. just more money in Texas.:D

5. Ludabi

Ludabi DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yup, Texas is quiet the same as the Philippines with their privolous traffic ordinances. I myself was a victim of racial profiling from these " white " State Troopers in Texas. I was driving the limited model of the Chrysler Crossfire at that time with a " catch me " red color. First they followed me for 5 miles...7 traffic lights before they stopped me. They were tailgaiting and were changing lanes behind me really looking for something...which got my attention. Then when I asked them what's the problem, one of the troopers said " You are speeding "! I told them " No, I was not and how do you know my speed if you did not tag me with your radar gun? I have a radar detector and it would have sounded off if you tagged me " Then the other trooper butted in telling me " No, I'm not writing you up for speeding...I'm writing you up for " racing acceleration ". I asked them who am I racing with..the trooper said " none ".
    I called up my lawyer to take care of this ticket and I few days later I received a mail from one of the troopers dismissing my ticket for " racing acceleration " but gave me a new ticket for " reckless driving "!
    I noticed that in my tickets they kept referring me as " white ". That's then I suspected that they are trying to cover up their record to avoid racial profiling in my county. Which would mean they are stopping more whites than blacks.
    Since they already pissed me off...I filed a complaint against them with the Internal Affairs, The Governor, NAACP, ACLU, etc. The Internal Affairs responded and did an investigation which I expected to end up in a " whitewash " anyway. But I know those trooper's supervisor ain't gonna be happy about it and from the paperwork he will have to do in this matter. ( Police and troopers hate paperworks just like any other job in the world ) Since it's about racial profiling, the ACLU and NAACP paid them a visit too to audit the tickets that they served in the county. I was a big mess for them!
    As for me...my lawyer took care of my ticket and was dismissed!

6. ronin

ronin DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    and what does any of this have to do with Dumaguete?

7. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Well..... it's good to realize that it's not that bad here in Dumaguete....it's even worse in some very (over)developed countries.
    No problem with these stories.
    After reading this it looks not so bad to get a 100 peso ticket for driving a motor with slippers :D :smile:

8. Ludabi

Ludabi DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think we just run out of stories in Dumaguete :smile:

A forum is just like a Chinese movie. They start fighting inside the house, next scene they are already fighting on top of the bamboo trees, then to the hills and then to the beach. Love the diversities and it's fun...lol!

9. ronin

ronin DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    oh ok. i just didn't realize what red neck white cops and the ACLU had to do with PNP traffic enforcement in dumaguete. i can see the similarity now; they both like chinese karate movies. :rolleyes:

10. Ludabi

Ludabi DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yup, red necks that they are and they sound just like you. Too bad you're in the wrong place to act like one. Better behave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.