Dumaguete Info Search

Dumaguete vs Tagbilaran

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by greymagic, Apr 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Am I the only one prefering to take the backseat on a tricycle?

2. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I thought you have shortlisted your list to Dumaguete and Tagbilaran, now it changed to Bacolod and Iloilo quiet quickly :smile: , but it does look like a better place as far as the night life, go go bars and massage parlors.
    As for me, I like Pattaya better.

3. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I'm working out an algorithm for the number of beautiful girls in a given city. I don't have it finished yet but the important variables include the number of university students and being a location where professionals flock to. I'll be sure to send you a copy after I publish the paper for scientific review.

Dumaguete has lots of university students but a large number of them leave for larger cities after graduation. The number of cuties vs. uglies here drops dramatically when school is out. Make sure your shortlist of possible destinations includes these factors.

However, this ratio for Mr. Foreigner has little importance outside of providing great scenery because 98% of the foreigners (give or take 1.5%) are with ugly girls. For Mr. Foreigner, just about any city should be fine in regards to girls. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but judging from tastes of foreigners here, that level is hovering around average.

My guess is that Filipino's have no problem with foreigners hooking up with the local girls because the most beautiful girls here already have Filipino partners. Of those whom are available and looking, they aren't interested in graybeards (unless they are approaching middle age themselves.) I'm betting that with the large number of gays here, the foreigners simply even out the ratio of women to men for hetero relationships.

Go-go bars are primarily tourist attractions frequented by men on their two week vacations looking for a fast track to that girlfriend experience. When you are living in the Philippines long term, there is no hurry. You get to learn the territory much better than the tourists and you find that the go-go bars are unnecessary.

I assume you will eventually be successful in your search for a girlfriend who will "serve your needs" but if you have never been with a Filipina then you don't know how crazy jealous they can get. Unless you are willing to risk a nuclear meltdown which will destroy everyone within 20 feet, you will not be visiting go-go bars while attached.

While I was happy to leave my modern amenities behind (with the exception of fast internet and traffic signals) I do agree that some are very important. For the retired foreigner, good medical care is probably the most important. In that regard, Dumaguete is not a good place to retire unless you have hit that level of happiness with your life where you would be okay to expire at any moment. From your post, I imagine you have a few go-go bar visits to make before you can possibly reach that point. :wink:

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  4. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Dude...that's one of the best posts I've seen here...

5. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I follow several groups and boards, we talk about a guy who wants cheap chicks for the buck and can't afford Cebu, Manila or Angeles City.

6. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    You want bigger than DGT, but smaller than Cebu with taxis and some go-go bars...have you considered Cagayan de Oro?

7. JerryHeide

JerryHeide DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Very good information, I am talking with a Filipina and we have become great friends, I am planning to visit later in the year. but I found out she gets very angry very fast If I mention talking to other girls..lol Wow can get ballistic very quickly.. She is not a young girl, middle aged but I think she is very pretty, and i'm getting old too... So thanks for the info I will definiatly avoid go-go bars...:wink:

Jerry.

8. OP
    OP
    greymagic

greymagic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ah - but Thai girls really don't like foreigners ... it's simply a cash till kind of sexual encounter. Filipinas are MUCH more friendly and engaging - and the experience is also greatly enhanced because of the widespread use of English ... even though it's the inferior American version :smile:

9. OP
    OP
    greymagic

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Having had a look online (thanks for the thought) you are correct, it IS worth considering. It's the same size as Iloilo and Bacolod ... will see what I can dig up on YouTube and via the excellent Yahoo Groups.

Cheers
    Adrian

10. OP
    OP
    greymagic

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Fabulous post Dude - made me smile and yet had some serious points ... very well put. Indeed I have no plans to expire any time soon, but I have noted that event might well be accelerated were I to be daring (or silly) enough to play away from home if in a serious relationship. Point noted ... meantime "where are the go-go bars ..." :smile:

Thanks again
    Adrian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.