Dumaguete Info Search

easier for me to hitch a ride when im with my bf

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by elainedarkrock, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

elainedarkrock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    let me take a look on that!! :wink:

2. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    Just a thought.....Possibly your observation has some validity.....when you are alone you are just another pretty girl..... pretty girls are usually broke and not good tippers..... BUT a pretty girl with a man is a whole different story..... the man will usually pay and often.....especially if he is a foreigner....he will tip to impress the girl.... simple economics

Most pedicab drivers might not have a college degree but they are not stupid

3. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Thank you Captain Obvious :rolleyes:

4. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    "Captain Obvious"

Aaaah my "friend"..... thank you again for your support.... I have always had a good grasp of the obvious..... like our friendship

5. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

elainedarkrock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    LOL to pretty girls that are broke!! well they must observe better coz they might be ignoring someone who might give a good tip :p

one thing i did recently coz im really tired of carrying shopping bags that day and its very hot, and im with my daughter and we've been waiting for 20 mins to get a ride. i told one driver that pass by and wanna pass again, (from Lee Plaza) Gimmick 30 pesos! then he said "come hop in". though it felt like im a little bit arrogant, im just fed up (im only human) waiting then asking then the drivers will say "no", and it did work, but im really not that kind.

6. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    My wife and I went to an upscale hotel in Cebu.....The restaurant had a nice buffet..... the waiter served me but almost totally ignored my wife.... when the bill came he tried to give it to me.....I smiled and pointed at my wife...... she smiled.....paid the bill and handed him a 500 P tip saying "It would have been more but you ignored the wrong person"

To be honest....years of poverty and hardship have made my wife better with money than I am.... that was the ONLY time I ever saw her "waste" money on teaching a lesson but she was boiling mad

7. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Strange. My wife, niece, Yaya, granddaughter travel by trike all the time and never seem to have a problem. In fact when using a trike with my wife I will tell the driver where to go and invariably they will turn to her for confirmation. When downtown she asks me to stand back while she flags a trike so they don't figure they have a live fish on the line. She doesn't seem to get passed by.

8. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Easy solution to all this.....wear an imported t-shirt, possibly with fancy logoes or even better an american flag printed on it then a cap and sun glasses....voila' job done!! :D

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I use mini-skirt and heels, works almost every time, if one says "no" I beat him up with my handbag...

10. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2

"mini-skirt" ..... that is an image I did not need just before going to sleep... good night all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.