Dumaguete Info Search

easier for me to hitch a ride when im with my bf

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by elainedarkrock, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

elainedarkrock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i admire your wife..thats a really nice move in giving a lesson.

2. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hahaha!! so they like some skin?? LOL

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, if would be only "some"...

4. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    and so i was at the Robinson's one day and the dispatcher already told me to get on the trike but the trike driver refused coz he saw a mix couple coming then he is shouting like crazy telling them to ride his trike and i was already infront of the trike so i told them "why u dont want me to ride? i will pay my fare times 5 (coz im in a hurry to go home, daughter crying) then i jump to the other trike they were still pointing at the first trike so i said "he dont want me to ride his trike, im gonna pay him why not let me??" then he just smiled.

thanks to him i got home safely and was very happy when i gave him my fare.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I never go to those guys at Robinsons,
    Just go to the main street 10 meters direction St Louis School or to the other exit direction cockpit, there are always normal driver which take you for a normal fare.

6. OP
    OP
    elainedarkrock

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thanks for the advice Rhoody! and nice meeting you at the resort ^_^ (im the woman with the big guy):wink:

7. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    All the more reason to shop in Hyper Mart. Generally lower prices and as good a selection.
    When I plant my fat white butt in a trike I stay put. I don't tell them where I am going until I'm inside. When we get where I want to go I pay the fare with a generous tip unless he tries to hold me up, in which case I give him exact fare and let him have a fit as I walk away.
    Singapore cabs used to try the same thing years ago. I just told them I changed my mind about the destination. Take me to the nearest police station. Worked most of the time.

8. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Or for that matter, across the street from Robinsons.

9. ChMacQueen

ChMacQueen DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,386 / 173
    I find it somewhat up and down at times. It seems many trike drivers don't speak English at all really and worry that they won't understand you at all. To fix this I tend to use very specific very known destinations "McDonalds, Boulevard, Lee Plaza, Robinsons".

I do notice at times trikes seem to fight to get me as a foreigner when downtown which I believe is due to more foreigners paying a tad extra such as myself I usually just toss 10 peso's w/o expecting change often or if heading home since its a little ways paying multiple fairs and they know they can get us to pay.

However at times with my wife it seems a bit easier especially when I'm at home (fewer trikes in the area) as many just zoom on past w/o even slowing enough to hear my destination. Likely thinking they won't understand or will be an annoying trip.

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I often find it easier if my wife flags them down and negotiates the fare BEFORE they even see me! I just stand a ways away from her. Works great! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.