Dumaguete Info Search

Emulating white people?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by RHB, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I guess your a dark swan.

2. Chuck the Canuck

Chuck the Canuck DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're right Swany. Sorry I was generalizing. I read about a Philippino once that wasn't trying to look white. :>)

3. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    bitaw chloe, ayaw gyud patunto, diri ra nako,waaaaaaaaaaaahhehehe, type pud diay nimo PROG ang mga tabunun? kaingon ko ug ako ra.

dili gyud noon ko ka appreciate sa mga pinay na kato kusug mo emulate sa mga puti.

4. Chloe

Chloe DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Kamo ha...
    I'll die laughing:D :D :D

5. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Uy Chloe. Duha na man ang nagpadungogdungog sa ilang mga gibati. Hala ka...:D :D :D Maayo man jud kaayo mamuyok ning atong mga boyz uy.

6. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    So the reason for posting in Visayan? Not just you Chris, As a public forum which has an international reach, I would think it deserves a response in an international language out of courtesy to all. If you think we foreigners don't understand, that would be a bad assumption. Even those that don't understand have Filpina wives or GF's It serves only to truncate the disussion and highjack the thread.

If it is private joke then why not PM.

I say the same about the guy posting in German to avoid profanity or insult on another thread. I understand that language also.:smile: (iT wasn't Rhoody)

7. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    RHB,

its good reminder, but the reason is that,sometimes we got carried away from the discussion, well next time i'll try to reply all in languages acceptable and comprehensible to everyone.
    in my case rhb, i not assuming that expats don't understand our native language because i don't think they are dumb, unless if there are. and i hope expat wont think otherwise also that we don't understand their native language, they can speak german, dutch, french or arabic if they want.

Profanity and insult is another thing.

8. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    My apologies RHB if it bothers you for us sometimes communicating in Visayan language, as what India-One said, we just got carried away and can't help it. If it is a problem for some I will not do it again. But on the other hand, is it not time for you to learn our local language Little by little as you're already a part of this community? Hope this comes not as an insult in your behalf. AGAIN, MY APOLOGIES.....

9. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I agree with you chrissar. That's what I was about to say, it's time for them to learn to speak our dialect. :smile:

10. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    It true we always get carried away sometimes and esp
    with cebuano humour,as there's loss in meaning when translated in english.I also agree expats with filipino connections should learn the language or esp those in dumaguete (ooops my husband only knew about 4 words in cebuano since then ,i am to blame and my kids none ,i am starting just lately to introduce few words if it works here).

However ,back to the issue , this site is particularly reaching out the world over promoting Dumaguete ,not only to those with links to the filipino community /marital connections etc or cebuano population ,but also those who are not speakers of the language, even our filipino brothers like the Tagalogs who majority of them knew nothing of cebuano at all,the karay-a's,Ilocanos,ilongos etc , our Korean friends (:wink: ) ,the japanese , europeans ,mainland chinese, etc who we can only connect with the english language,and english is global .I am for RHB's comment ,sorry guys, in fairness to those who don't speak cebuano ,and for international reach, let's try to use english in this board at the best interest for everybody.

PS

* We are glad even the Dane himself didn't speak dansk in this forum.:wink:

* There are few forums though purely for cebuano messages ,you just have to surf in .I am there but can't share it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.