Dumaguete Info Search

Emulating white people?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by RHB, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Salamat dong, I know a few words and phrases, and as far as speaking locally I agree, I try to some extent to communicate in local dialect, but many locals enjoy practicing english. English is so widely spoken here, it is hard to discipline yourelf to learn. But Point taken.

I am not upset as much as wondering why he thread all of a sudden went Visayan. I do think personally that on an international forum The most understood and communcable language be used, but I am not the language police. Carry on.

2. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    forget the international community ,but not good for our tagalog brothers, the ilocanos ,karay-a's ,warays, bicolanos etc. who don't speak /understand cebuano. It doesn't serve the purpose to promote dumaguete or to other groups of filipinos if we choose the lingua restricted only to a particular group ,the cebuano speaking (people of dumaguete /negor,cebu and part of mindanao).

3. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hey!!! Us Crackers have problems too with the way we appear. I mean for me, well, I need to go in to see someone about relocating my hair. I had a lot of hair fall off the top of my head and land on every place from the back to my crack. So us whitees don't always live on that patch of greener grass. (need one of those yahoo emotes of the guy rolling on the floor laughing put right about here.)

4. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    actually no or less hair seem a trend these days tfa for men,you might be lucky people might mistake you're a fashion victim. i wont laugh.

5. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    newt, i think you know this, if the hair is vanishing from forehead to back, that means you got a long tongue, but if it start at the back to forehead, that means you got short tongue, hehehehe,

6. Chloe

Chloe DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    P.Newt is right we always get carried away...malipay pud ko maka dungog ug binisaya..i mean am glad to hear visayan..esp.here,when you always hear the greeks yelling at each others:D
    my apologies,won't do that again:smile:

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I don't mind if you speak bisaya, because i am learning Cebuano.
    As long as you put English in as well under neath :smile:
    SALAMAT
    THANK YOU or some were else

8. maja

maja DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    pinoy men love mestisa /white skinned woman..i guess this is the reason why pinays use the whitening lotions on their faces and ended up looking like a
    corpse...
    now a days if you have the money to spend ..you can have surgery for everything and hope that you will end up like barbie doll
    not just women .. ..men do it too

9. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    my cousin working in the middle east ( looking tisay / fair skinned )splurge her savings to get a nose job resizing her hook bill nose and a lipo in cebu, scary,this is how people if not of skin colour can be less contented of what they got will resort to 'knives procedure ' out of vain.

10. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    I had occasion to visit a local dermatologist last week. Ironically, she bought up the subject of Filipinas trying to become white. One comment she made was interesting. She felt that women felt cleaner when they were white. As well as medical procedures, she makes money from peels and cosmetic treatments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.