Dumaguete Info Search

Emulating white people?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by RHB, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I do agree majority of pinoy men will be drolling for sight of mestisas fair or brown skin , and well reinforced by philippine cinema and strips of TV adverts often stars fair skin filipinas looking like having severe anemia,lol.

Indeed true,its a chronic state of mind of the the majority of filipinas/filipinos.This is the country you can find umbrellas used all yr round,rain or shine .:wink:

2. William B. Foulk

William B. Foulk DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In Arcadia, California, where I live when I am not in Asia, the so called "Tanning Salons" thrive on the thousands of "white" people in this area that want to be brown, dark brown. I love the color of my Filipina mate's skin. We are an Oreo couple and I love it, especially her half of the cookie.

3. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I thought Arcadia CA IS part of Asia :D ----seemingly majority of population there are Chinese by origin....so not sure there are thousands of "whities" to be found.

4. wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    I don't think it's so simple as that people always want to be what they aren't. That's part of it, but I do agree that there's an underlying problem in the history of the Filipino people having been treated like second class citizens by the ruling Anglos. To watch Filipino movies, one would think they were all very white and mostly very rich. You just can't be a star in the Philippines if your skin is dark. Thoughout history, the only thing more divisive in this world than skin color has been religion.
    Richard

5. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

that is too easy, kids that are a bit dark can be teased terrible in Phi as being negros, it is not only to achieve an exotic beauty ideal it also is looking down on dark skinned people (for some)

I heard the colonial argument but I don't think it is the only cause (that argument is used for any social problem and seems an excuse not to do anything about it), there is colourism in a lot of places, India etc. It is not like in Filipines there are not large groups who look down on the original inhabitants as well (pre malasian)

[​IMG]

many Asians tbh seem to look down on dark people no a matter colonial pasts and the remarks about africans can be downright shocking (of course this is a generalisation and we are talking about the lesser educated masses mostly)

6. JerryHeide

JerryHeide DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think there is a big misconception about western beauty. I have been in the US for 53 years. there are some naturally pretty girls here but they are scattered about the country. the high profile actresses and fashion models look great to the world in general, but to see them with out all the make up and retouched photos they are not as they appear.. I have seen more beauty in the faces of Filipina's without make up. and of course there is the whole issue of values... dont want to go there. but if someone wants to change themselves for their own reason its ok.. but in my opinion if its not broke don't fix it...

Jerry.:cool:

7. dralionblade

dralionblade DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Always be proud of who you are and where you came from.
    Just my two cents hehe :D

8. JerryHeide

JerryHeide DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thats a good two cents......

Jerry.

9. Mam A

Mam A DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I posted something from my spam box in "general chat" but it should have been pasted in this thread instead. AAR, if you have time, please go visit and read a curious something about Filipinos.

Here's something of a curious read from my spam box. Not everyone will be interested and I understand that completely. If interested, please read on. Up to you how to take this. expat and non-expats.

Rhoody: Your wish is my command .... MOVED from bike-thread:

From Spam...

Filipinos... ..*make me puke* (Art Bell)

As we've all come to notice, in the past few decades, Filipinos have begun to infest the United States like some sort of disease. Their extensive involvement in the U.S. Armed Forces is proof of the trashy kind of qualities all Filipinos tend to exhibit on a regular basis.. You can see this clearly by studying the attitudes and cultural Icons of most Filipino Americans.

Origins of Pinoys/Pinays:

Are they really Asian? Well we've come to accept the fact the Filipinos come from a part of the world known as South East Asia . But the term ' Asia ' is used in the wrong way. You may notice that contemporary Filipino Americans try very hard to associ ate themselves with groups that we know as Asian. I cannot count the number of times I have seen a ' Third World ' Filipino try to connect themselves to the Chinese or Japanese people. There is no connection and here's why. The Philippines is a Third World country. Nothing respectable has EVER been created by Filipino people during our entire human history. Young Filipino men in America have become obsessed with 'import racing'. They have an enormously perverted affection for Japanese cars. It's a common phenomenon. In their minds, these Filipinos somehow believe that they are Asian and that it somehow connects them to Japanese people and Japanese cars. They often take credit for the ingenuity of Japanese people and say how it's an 'Asian thing'. This term...'Asian thing' derived directly from African American slang 'blackthang' . 'It's a black thang.' 'It's an asian thang.' You can see the connection. It's even funnier that, in Japan , Filipinos are heavily discriminated against. The only filipinos that can live successfully in Japan are the filipino prostitutes. But that's the case for most Filipino people no matter where they live in the world. Now we've come down to this fact...and it is a fact.

Nothing in Filipino Culture can be seen as Asian. They have no architectural, artistic, or cultural influence which is in ANY way, asian. Thinking of the great countries in Asia such as Japan , Korea , and China there is no way you can possibly connect the Philippine Islands . This assault by filipino americans to connect themselves with the great peoples of North East Asia is foul and disgusting. Try visiting a young filipino's web site too. You'll see something called the 'Asian IRC Ring'. It has to do with the chatrooms. The most horrible thing about this is that these TRASHY people are trying to associate themselves with Asia again!! People in Asia don't act like, this at all. What we are seeing here is the natural Filipino in it's element with full access to technology and this is how they act! You will consistently see this behavior over and over again.

Another interesting thing is that these 'thirdworld' people also frequent RC chatrooms such as #chinese #japan and #asian. They must believe that they are some how related racially or culturally to North Asians. But it's completely WRONG! There might have been some distant contact With China and even less with Japan during World War II, but these people are actually more closely related to african americans and Mexican americans.

Do the parents of these young filipinos know what's going on? Would they accept this? I believe that they would and do. This is the natural 'Trash' element in filipinos manifesting itself. Nothing good has ever come from Philippines and I don't believe anything good ever will.

10. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Don't see anything "new" in that I'm afraid.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.