Dumaguete Info Search

Every Day People

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by Rev. Robinson, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Tapeworms can grow into the human body up to 19 meters !!! They have 6 rows of razorsharp teeth and can do a lot of damage more to the intestents and organs then only the fact that you have to eat for " two "

2. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Crikey!!:D I never!! Earl, you have put me off eating meat man. Mind you at home or eating out I ALWAYS ask my for my meat to be well done, so this helps right? And to think lots of people eat medium rare meat because it's supposed to taste better - not for me, esp when you cut the meat and red goo runs out, yaiks!!
    Many thanks for the warning Earl.
    So, um, steak tartare anyone? :D

3. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    To have a steak or not... that is the Question..

Anyway ,the header is free after HAMLET
    Beside that most meat like Beef , Pork and Chicken is pretty bad of quality and lots of problems with the quality control. You have to be carefull with the FRESHWATER / BRAKISCH WATER BANGUS and FRESHWATER TILAPIA.
    Those are NOT in Negros but on the "mainland" thus Luzon..
    Also the HITO ( catfish) is LOADED with nematodes ( nice word for the 6 year old daughter of Rhoody to learn how to spell , or rather her teacher ! ?? )which are actualy ROUNDWORMS .
    One friend of me ,somewhat older , as I am myself :o went twice sick after eating in Clark Tilapia..and needed to be hospitalized .
    Just OVERCOOKING is the best , but again the eggs are fully resistant to that.. The Negros local Bangus is good as it is from salt water.
    There is also for those that prefer Tilapia a saltwater variety , however they are mahal and most go to China mainland..
    Shrimps ( that is wild caught NOT hatched!) carry Shigella , which is VERY NASTY and can cauzzz a hell lot of SHI........( Boom sarap , sarap ?? terrere Boom Boom Boom , Chorus now ...) for many days.
    Infants can die as result. I once knew a guy weighting over 100 kilo that was 3 weeks in the hospital...Finaly it can cauzz Reactive Arthritis ,but one can buy ANLENE ( that is shown on TV commercials and turns a 83 year old CRIPPLE LOLA into a Ballerina :D :D )
    O well , like I started out ,many good reasons to refrain from all that . And trust me, being a vegetarian is not so bad at all...
    Please don,t think that I am just a silly Cow . but you might just become one YOURSELF while eating a juicy steak ..

BON APPETIT !! Boom Sarap sarap ( refrain )

Attached Files:

4. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    yes I knew that was why Pigs or pork was taboo in the muslim religion at least
    but I thought that nowadays the problem had dissapeared. obvioulsy not
    Its put me off bacon and the specila pork dish at why not thats for sure.
    maybe i will open my own pork restaurant for koreans only and supply to
    macdonalds after careful quality control to make sure there IS tapeworm present.

5. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I knew about the freshwater fish
    I also know that freshwater rivers in the tropics are dangerous fpor wading or swiming in for danger of parasites
    So the question is , is forest camp safe to swim at???????

6. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi Rev.

As always, you show a side of life that speaks volumes in your photography. The pictures you share with us are truly appreciated by me, and I'm sure, by most others. So, again, and as usual, I'd like to thank you for sharing.

Tom

7. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Seen worms and other parasites on/in salt-water fish too. It happens....

Just eat veggies...but of course you never know if they are using safe pesticides...or at the right mixture (and probably not - since most agricultural workers can't read well enough)...

Life is a gamble...

8. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Pigs are often full of worms in the West too. Fortunately it's usually (but not always) roundworms....biguns too...trust me I know....we get some from the abattoirs every year...for science....

9. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    As you Garbonzo ,
    I am aware of the huge poblemes in "the West " aswell ,coming from there .
    However the TAPERWORM ( the PIG tapeworm that is) is a major problem in the Phils. There has been some US $ 3. pumped into a project and it is not getting anywhere.

10. OP
    OP
    Rev. Robinson

Rev. Robinson DI Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Earl, my friend, ease up, pump your brakes and get off your soap box. I took the pictures, that all I did. Why are you jumping down my throat and bringing up religion. I promise I would not preach on this forum and I am not, because everyone has their on idea of what religion is and what it means to them so I will stay away from that. For your information I do not eat any red meat, but that is the choice I made, as always we must make the best choice in our on life, and be held accountable for it. :confused:

As a photographer, I capture what I see and try to share those pictures with others. I don’t take a picture because it is a pig and I worry that someone may get upset with it, or take a picture of someone eating worms or grasshoppers or what ever. Your information is very informative to the group but I ask that you please aim before you start to shoot. Why you attack me on this pig issue is beyond me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.