Dumaguete Info Search

exit visa from Cebu ?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by SidfromSydney, Sep 5, 2011.

1. SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Folks,

Just got my visa renewed happened to mention I ws going to Singapore departing Cebu, for a week and they said I need an exit visa.

Anyone had the "exit visa" experience from Cebu. How long does it take, where do you get one and what is the cost.

Thanks for your help. Have had many departures from Phil. this is the first time its been mentioned.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I am sure they mean exit clearance or ecc-clearance. This is required since a long time if you stay longer than 6 month in the PI as a tourist. you paid it with your 2nd extension. so you only need to pay "express-fee".

you can apply for it in Dumaguete, takes about 2 weeks. It is valid 4 weeks.

3. OP
    OP
    SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Rhoody,

Thanks for the info. I am living in Bacolod.

They (immigration bureau)
    said to get "the clearance" from a travel agent in Cebu, as I was departing from there. But then most of what they say is rubbish.

I think what you are saying is that I should get the clearance from the immigration bureau, here in Bacolod. Is that correct ?

thanks

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    they make it in Dumaguete, but only since this year, while Bacolod is bigger they have less foreigners and foreign students, just give them a ring and ask why dumaguete is doing it, but not Bacolod, or if there are any options to make it from Bacolod...

In Cebu you can usually get it the same day.

5. OP
    OP
    SidfromSydney

SidfromSydney DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info (again) Rhoody.

Yes, you are correct. I did a google search and now that I know its a clearance it seems they (B I) will process the the application within hrs at Cebu. All you need is 4 passport photos and the plane ticket. All they want to do is check there are no gaps in the visa dates.