Dumaguete Info Search

Expat Population in Duma

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Tom_A, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Pat, if you ad the ones in Bobby's neighborhood there are at least 6 more foreigners living there.

2. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hmmm... Could it be a reason where a lot get married and settled here lately but their visas are tourist? Would that be a reason why immigration office here in Dumaguete cant figure out how many foreign people actually living here recently? My dad used to be a registered in the immigration here in Dumaguete but he move it to Cebu in the 90's and never change it. His paying his dues there and take note if he delays paying the dues...a "love letter" from the immigration will be receive...lol! Its kinda strict this days, I don't know much here in Dumaguete.

3. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Wouldn't that be a starting point?:confused:

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    the 1,200 are based on the number of Expats and their annual report. Long Term Tourists are a total different page of the book. They can extend in any BOI and are counted on national lists but not regional.

5. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    What about the large number of foreign students, plenty korean, chinese and some japanese I've heard...........

6. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    The Korean students probably are not well-represented on this forum or amongst the associates of the members of this forum, but there certainly are a lot of them. I would guess that S. Korean nationals would certainly be near if not top of the list of nationalities represented in Dumaguete.