Dumaguete Info Search

Facebook - Who's Looking at Me?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Have any of you that use Facebook used any software that shows you who is looking at your stuff, and not had any problems or fallout from the software? Thanks

2. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I am not sure there are any applications that will actually work. I know there are a couple of apps that hack into your friend's profiles and post on your page that your friend is supposedly using it....don't click those, they are hacks!! You might want to read this: Facebook Trackers and Facebook Profile Tracker Information

3. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Pat, I have not personally used any of the programs, but I have several friends that have said that they A. Do not work. B. Are filled with various viruses.

As for me, I really don't care who is looking at my Facebook page. I use it to stay in touch with my 3 daughters and friends both here and in the US, and I post on it maybe 4 to 8 times a day. It is the first thing I do each morning to say hello to my girls. It was part of the deal when I moved here.

4. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Oh, and I do use a different email (name) on Facebook and that is the only thing that uses that email name.

5. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    None of that "whos looking at my page" bullshit is legit or even could work Pat, it's against FaceBooks terms of service.
    But, of course Facebook tech's and FBICIADEANSA and DHS type snoops have that button, but they're not letting any 3rd party access it.
    The best advice is don't fall for anything on FB that asks for more information than your profile supplies.

6. Manzanita

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Google+ is a real hoot, using it with synced Google Chrome, your YouTube channel and Picasa ties everything together for the user.
    It's amazing technology.
    Good stuff Maynard!

Also with Google+ you sidestep being targeted by 3rd party spamola and scams.

7. Manzanita

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
  8. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Virus

Use facebook as it is, to contact real friends and keep in touch. Anything else then thats not what its all about. Any application that pops up will ask about details before you accept, friends, personal details etc. Access to see who's watching is a very old spam on there :smile: If it did work not a good route for a stalker haha :p

9. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    AND NOW....Facebook has "Timeline" and the way I understand it, you can put your life history on there including when and where you were born, where you have lived and worked for your entire life and what you are presently doing....complete with pictures!!!!

Does anyone besides me think that this may make identity theft much easier for the bad guys?

Even I know that a US social security number is based on when and where you were born. Why don't we just also just list our bank account and credit card numbers for them?

Come on......what were they thinking?

10. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I actually think you don't get it at all and that you are 110 % wrong

It is not them at all.

It is simply all the people feeling the urge prostituting themselves in the public with information and pictures they would not even give their neighbor in real live but publish it to millions of people.

FB and most other social networks are simply providing a FREE platform to do so. NOBODY is forced to be on any of that sites. It is the choice of each individual person to register.

People complaining about something they get for free are in my honest opinion total morons. no matter if it is an internet-platform or free drinking water in a restaurant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.