Dumaguete Info Search

Fast Internet Provider

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by AndyG, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddyespon

eddyespon DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i tryed joining smart n globe through a router it did not work as they were not compatable

2. richard08

richard08 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What router did you use? smart has some sort of mac address authentication so an added router must have some feature like mac address cloning to be able to work.

3. OP
    OP
    AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    It's OK now, I've finally got a 5mbit from globe and a 3mbit from smart, it's not perfect as it's not load balanced but as most of my computers are downloading equal amounts it doesn't really affect anything - half are configured to use one router and the other half on the other router. Thanks a lot for all your responses :smile:

4. joelimar73

joelimar73 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try Bayantel instead. They have a competive price and reliable service compared to Globe.

5. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Smart now offers 3mbps? What are you actually clocking with it up and down? How much?

I had Globe DSL and SmartBro running through a load balanced router before but it wasn't really helpful because the router simply alternated assignment of each new application...since the connections were of unequal speeds, it wasn't really helpful except as a failover. I haven't used the load-balancing router since. Instead just used the Smart as a backup and had a dedicated VoIP line on it.

6. eddyespon

eddyespon DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we have 2 pc ,s with globe and smart lines in, if one goes down we share one computer we could not get the router to work . its not the fastest but nether am i these days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.