Dumaguete Info Search

February Diving Conditions 2011

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by hawaiidiver2, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawaiidiver2

hawaiidiver2 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Aloha divers. My plan is to be in Dumaguete in mid-February this year and was curious about the water temp and what thickness wetsuits people are wearing. I suppose it's like asking how long is a piece of string, as we get people(visitors) here in Hawaii using nothing and some like me using a 5mm-7mm. Our water temp has been about 77F this month and I'm about ready to go to my 7mm...the same suit I used to use in California(50degree F water). My blood has thinned since living here and I'm a real wimp..........but when you're diving 2-3 dives a day, one looses body heat........or at least that is my wimpy excuse. I'm trying to watch the weight I fly over with so if I don't need my thick suit I'll leave it at home and bring a 3mm.....be nice if the water was 80F. Thanks for any advice.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    you can expect 27-28 Celcius/80 -82Farenheit. The water-temperature is pretty steady here even down to 30mt./100ft. With 2-3 dives I would consider to bring a hood or hooded vest additional.

That time of the year can still be overcast, rough and windy. If you get cold easily a daytrip to the surrounding islands can be quite cold during the surface interval.

cheers

Rhoody

3. OP
    OP
    hawaiidiver2

hawaiidiver2 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the quick response and great advice, 27 is warmer than I would have expected. I'll definitely bring stuff to wear during surface intervals. Our water temp today was 24C and air temp a rainy 23C..a rare day when the water is warmer than the air temp here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.