Dumaguete Info Search

Ferry with motorbike from Santander to Dumaguete?

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Panserhansen, Mar 6, 2012.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Yes, within 10 km of each other on the Negros side and 5 KM on the Cebu side.

2. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The Liloan - Sibulan since about a year now runs every 1.5 hour. 6.00, 7.30, 9.00 and so on until 9pm.
    Price is the same as Tampi - Bato, and the tickets are valid both places. So, if you buy a roundtrip Liloan - Sibulan, you can return Bato - Tampi.
    Some things to keep in mind.
    1. If you are a group of friends, demand separate tickets. We were 5 bikes and I asked if they could be used on different bikes at different times. Yes they said. No problem in Santander, they just wrote on the back of the ticket that I used one of the 5 return trips. But, in Sibulan a very unpleasant lady said I can only use it if all bikes goes together. As this was against what I was told in Tampi where I bought the ticket, she said I had to go to Tampi and sort that out with the ticket office there. Bollox, I just ripped it out of her hand and boarded.
    2. The Liloan - Sibulan route is sometimes cancelled due to the waves/current. You can then just proceed to Tampi/Bato and take the ferry there on the same return ticket.

3. maetien

maetien DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the information..

4. MikeB

MikeB DI Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 8
    I used the Liloan - Sibulan ferry last week both ways. A little over p1000 r/t for my small SUV and me, no passengers. There was an additional charge on the Cebu side coming over, don't remember but not much. Maayo seems to have the process down, much better then my last experience. Appreciate the info.

5. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There is a CPA agent (Cebu Port Authority) agent there collecting 20p once in a while. What I heard it's not even allowed, as the pier is privately owned and the fee was deemed illegal for some kind of free trade infringement or something. They renamed it to an 'inspection fee' then and continued to take it. But, he's not there always, so obviously it isn't a mandatory fee on travel, but something the levy when they feel the need to. I always hand him a 1000p bill which he most of the time can't give change on and tell him to make sure his boss give him change in his cashbox next time or he can't collect anything as a 1000p bill is a legal tender in the Philippines :-D

6. MikeB

MikeB DI Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 8
    Great tip, thanks.