Dumaguete Info Search

Fiancee Visa!

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Kuya, Aug 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Good morning...

This past Friday my fiancee was granted a visa to come to the U.S.! I'll be looking at tickets soon so she can be here by month's end.

It's all very exciting...and a bit scary (LOTS of changes ahead for our lives :smile: )

We filed the petition in mid-January, so it was about a 6.5-month process. Apparently, only two were denied from her group (for lying to the immigration official). She also said her interview felt more like a casual conversation, while others where interrogated somewhat harshly.

I haven't seen her in so long, but God is good. It will be quite a homecoming for her :p

2. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    What an incredibly long process. Hopefully it will be over soon.
    I often question the rationale of our State Department. Recently, an Indian taxi driver here in our U.S. city, whose wife is still in India, was murdered. She was denied a visa to attend the funeral.
    Very sad indeed.
    I'm sorry to be a downer during your moment of celebration but it does drive home the point.

3. OP
    OP
    Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was just trying to share my joy at the conclusion of this long process, not spark a political debate on the ills of our immigration laws. :confused:

4. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Well, my apologies and I am happy that you and your fiancee are one step closer to your goal.

5. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    So pleased to hear the good news Kuya. Life is lonely when you're away from your loved ones. Good luck.:wink: And don't forget to stock kilos of rice in your kitchen cupboard.:D :D

6. Philippinediver

Philippinediver DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Old Cincy joke for Kuya

There is joke I hear almost 20 years ago whereby a guy goes to his doctor to get the results of a medical test. The doctor says I have good news and bad news. Let me give you the bad news first. You have cancer and only 6 months to live. The good news is move to cincinnati and it will feel like forever.

Sincere Congrautlations Kuya and not to break you privates but have you considered she may beg to come bck to the Philippines after seeing Cincinati. Or maybe the joke was about Cleveland LOL or the whole state of Ohio.

couldn't resist

7. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Kuya, congratulations on getting the visa. Best wishes for you and your bride, and the many little future taxpayers! You'll have a wonderful life together!

8. mydestinyz23

mydestinyz23 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kuya, Good Job and Goodluck!!! I'll give you and your fiancee a friendly advise. Tell her to just be careful in meeting new people in U.S. Just don't trust anybody.

9. doctormerida1

doctormerida1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    be carful

your changes will be great and she will start to ask you to send money soon to her family and be carful of life changes it happened to me one good thing is she cant work yet tyr not to let her she will influnced by bad people if you are no carful

10. ContentedPen

ContentedPen DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! Congratulations. I'm so jealous. *sigh*

I hope I could be as lucky as you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.