Dumaguete Info Search

Filipino Passport with Foreign Spouse - CFO

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by SteveB, Sep 29, 2009.

1. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    The requiremnet for CFO in order for the spouse or fiance of a foriegn national to obtain a passport was actually dropped about 2 years ago, which is why it is no longer listed as a requirement on the newer application forms directions. However, nobody notified most of the CFO offices.

However, if, as KTM mentioned, if she goes instead to the outreach, there is no CFO required. Also, as KTM stated, some travel agents are able to process it without the CFO. Sometimes their fees are worth their weight in gold!

Larry

2. vangie

vangie DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Steve

Why taking it so hard in the Philippines.....i had mine done where i got married out here abroad..... no problem and no huzzle and sucking of money charging of this and that. So why not let your wife get it in your country at the Philippine Embassy. it`s easy and fast as well.

wish you both a good day....

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Uhuh. And just how does one GET to a country outside the Philippines WITHOUT a passport?

Larry in Dumaguete

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    In a Balikbayan Box of course!:D

5. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Not that much room in there for food too though.......I know, I know Charlotte, that was pathetic.............:D:D:D

6. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    CFO seminar in Cebu is almost a whole day process register 7am start 8am lunch break and interview after lunch should finish by 4pm. They only allow 15 people per day,and if you leave after registration and are not there 8am sharp (their clock) then the waitlist people will replace you. Forget about the web site, the office is on Mango avenue

7. Steve4910

Steve4910 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ways to Screw the Philippine system

There are four other routes that you can do.

1. Hire a lawyer to process the papers for your wife and hope you don't get him rich in the process.

2. I heard that some travel agencies in Dumagauete will process the passport for your wife. My 2 stepsons got it done and they avoided a lot BS, but that was 7 years ago.

3. Don't tell those passport idiots that she is married and let her process it. That will cut the BS in half.

4. There is a guy I heard that can fix passport problems. I think he is shady, but I have heard he can get the job done. This guy can even get foreignors filipino passports and they are real not fake, but it will cost you a bundle. Ask for Arsenio 02-515-58-58, 927-228-77-88 He is a passport fixer and works at the Binondo center. All I can say is use with great caution, Good luck. Hope this helps you SteveB

8. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Think a PM might of been more appropriate :rolleyes:
    Arse-nio ####'?

9. OP
    OP
    SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    The Rest of the Story...

Well, thanks for all your input. I missed the DFA roadshow in Dgte. Well, actually, we were there but about 200 people too late. I went around to most of the Travel Agencies here, including Orientwind but they all said the same thing ... need that CFO certificate so, we went to Cebu. As stated earlier, only the first 15 ladies actually get in for the seminar and luckily we made it. There were only 2 people from Cebu attending. All others were from other Islands and as far away as Davao and General Santos City.

By the end of the day, all the girls were angry and none thought they received any benefit. The seminar was, of course, completely biased, given by some old Nun. It contained no statistics or anything credible, only opinions and inuendo. Basically, they spent half of the day trying to convince these girls not to marry foreigners ... a little late since most were already married. Only 3 were engaged and going to see their fiancees in their home country. The rest of the day was spent on individual interviews where they tired some one-on-one tactics to try to convince the girls not to go! Anyway, they got their little P200 per person, gave the attendence certificates and sent us all rushing across town to the CFO to get the actual CFO certificate required to obtain the passport, another P450 with instructions to come back to Cebu and get a stamp in the passport once she has her passport and Visa (I imagine she will pay again).

There were several fixers outside the CFO office, but by the time I saw them, my wife had already completed the seminar so I didn't bother asking if they could have obtained the Certificate for us.

Oh well, it's finished! And I told my wife, that if I was ever going to kill her (as they alluded in the seminar), I would not marry her first and I would definitely not take her back to my country where they actually do CSI on murder victims. I would have simply used her here for as long as I wanted then have somebody stuff her into a fish cage and take her out to sea, haha!

I guess the humour in these little hiccups only comes once we have completed all the hurdles!

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Well, it's over anyway. Sooner or later she would have to take it regardless in order to leave the country. She doesn't have to return to Cebu to get the stamp in her visa, she can also take her certificate into Manila office to get it her visa stamped.

Consider yourselves lucky. Cebu CFO sometimes jerks girls around. We have one client who has been there 4 times, each time they make her do something else. She is 21. They made her bring her Father from Bohol, then her Mother, (separately) now they are asking for court documents pertaining to her fiance's past. They try very hard to convince these girls that they are surely going to get beaten, raped, and murdered by their potential mates.

Manila CFO nobody ever complains about, just Cebu and the "Dragon Lady".

Larry