Dumaguete Info Search

Filipino Passport with Foreign Spouse - CFO

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by SteveB, Sep 29, 2009.

1. kenburns

kenburns DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Passport For Wife

Yes, my wife had to travel from Ormoc, Leyte to Cebu, for the seminar ( not too long ago). I would check on the price though. I think it's only a half day class. All she needed was her passport and a paper that looks like a big dollar bill that was given to her when she got her passport. The seminar is taken after she gets her passport so they can stamp the inside after the class is over showing she attended. She can go to the seminar before she gets her passport but then she will have to go back to cebu for the stamp, so get the passport first then go to the seminar.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Yesterdays Post! Pat O.

:confused: kenburns, This is Certainly a new twist, I look forward to the answers on the Post here, I never heard of passport being issued before the seminar! Was her Passport Issued in her maiden name? Was she applying for a name change? Sorry for the Questions but it is all relevant.

@ Pat, Your views my friend??:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Regarding obtaining first the passport and then the seminar is not allowed, the seminar is a prerequisite for applying for the passport, if she is married to a foreigner. We went through the process this week.

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Sometimes a passport can be obtained first. Such as if one catches the DFA outreach programs, or if one goes through some particular agencies, orif one does not claim to be a fiance or spouse of a foreign national, they can sometimes temporarily avoid the CFO seminar. However, they still need the stamp in their visa to immigrate. Tourists are not required to have a CFO stamp.

Larry

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    From my vantage point, I question the authenticity of some of your statements and I think you could possibly be misleading some people which might result in problems. Which agencies could help you bypass the process and DFA outreach programs would be accepted? Please provide some recent success stories.

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    mmm Emigration!

:confused: I hope then that this lady is not going to apply for a US or British Visa. I feel that problems will arise. I maybe wrong BUT I dont think so.

Jack P. :(