Dumaguete Info Search

Flights from U.S. to Phils

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by JerryHeide, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0

SkyTrax ranks them as a 3-Star Airline and they are also IOSA certified...PR of today is not PR of the early 90s...their ON TIME PERFORMACE is in the high 90% well above other major carriers...Lost baggages are normally reported for flights emanating or terminating in LAX...as I have read, these are mainly attributed to ground handling in that airport...beyond the control of PR since baggage handling is a shared service in airports and is dependent to who the supplier is...

PR mainly uses their B744 for their LAX and SFO routes while A343 for the YVR-LAS routing...with the reconfiguration of the 744 fleet (C7471, C7475, C7472, C8168-on going, C7473-next in line), planes are now fitted with Recaro Seats and AVOD...like this one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    photos courtesy of pr77w of FLICKR (Flickr: The Philippine Airlines Pool)

Here's a short travel report with PR (MNL-CEB-NRT-CEB-MNL)
    (No) Bombs on Asia's Sunniest: MNL-CEB-NRT-CEB-MNL on PR - FlyerTalk Forums

2. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Personally, I have a "mad on" on for PAL at the present. I also don't seem ever to find their international seats discounted too often. If price is a factor, you will likely get a better deal elsewhere.

That said, if a particular routing works for you - take it!

3. OP
    OP
    JerryHeide

JerryHeide DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Than you i will check with AA....:D
    Jerry.

4. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    PAL has an on-going promo for International Destinations..
    Way-To-GO Part 2

Way-To-Go Promo Fares Part 2

Let Philippine Airlines show you the right WAY TO GO!!!

Book and Buy at Philippine Airlines | Home or call PAL Reservations Manila at (632) 855-8888, Cebu (032) 340-0191, Davao at (082) 222-0366, or your travel agent.

Sale and ticketing
    27 July to 03 August 2009 only

Travel Period

Regional and Honolulu
    16 August to 30 September 2009

USA
    01 September to 25 December 2009

Below are the applicable routes and ALL-IN fares in USD. Prices listed below are inclusive of surcharges, and exclusive of government taxes and other fees that are to be collected at the airport.

To From MANILA From CEBU From DAVAO
    SAN FRANCISCO/
    LOS ANGELES/
    LAS VEGAS 528 568 588

HONOLULU 468 508 528

SYDNEY/
    MELBOURNE 468 498 518

OSAKA 218 248 268

BEIJING 298 318 348

SHANGHAI 198 218 248

JAKARTA 158 188 208

BANGKOK/
    SAIGON 128 158 178

SINGAPORE 128 198 208

HONG KONG/
    MACAU 108 138 158

TAIPEI 98 128 148

-highlighted prices are from Manila

APPLICATION:

Roundtrip Economy Class all-in fares. Inclusive of inflight meals, snacks, beverages, entertainment, blankets and newspapers. Spacious legroom and seating comfort.

TRAVEL VALIDITY:

USA
    Valid for outbound travel from 01 September through 25 December 2009.
    From MANILA/CEBU/DAVAO to LOS ANGELES/SAN FRANCISO, outbound travel is permitted on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays only

REGIONALS AND HONOLULU
    Valid for outbound travel from 16 August through 30 September 2009.

MINIMUM/MAXIMUM STAY:

USA
    Minimum 3 days and maximum 21 days stay

AUSTRALIA
    Minimum 2 days and maximum 21 days stay

REGIONALS
    Minimum 2 days and maximum 8 days stay

SALES RESTRICTIONS:

Tickets must be issued on or after 27 July 2009 and on or before 03 August 2009.

RESERVATIONS, PAYMENT AND TICKETING:

Tickets must be issued 72 hours after confirmed reservations. For reservations made and confirmed on 03 August 2009, tickets must be issued within the same day.

Changes are not permitted.
    Rebooking/rerouting/reissuance/upgrading/endorsement/combination are not permitted

No extension of validity

Non refundable. Surcharges attached to this fare are likewise non-refundable. Government taxes are refundable subject to applicable Refund Service Fee

No child/infant discount

MISCELLANEOUS PROVISION:

Not eligible to earn Miles with PAL's Mabuhay Miles

Book and buy your tickets now!!

Way to Go Promo fares Part 2

5. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    PAL has an upcoming promo for Regional and International routes...

Ticket Sales and ticketing is July 27-Aug. 3...

Please see post above for sector prices...

6. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Not that attractive

While these fares seem attractive, they are not all that they appear to be. These are not bottom line fares, are they? What other fees, etc are payable which have not been enumerated?

The conditions of sale are simply far too restrictive to be of value to any but the most determined bargain hunter.

My hate on with PAL continues to be justified. I'll stick to half price puddle jumping with 5j. Should I choose to cross the Pacific, I'll choose a reliable major international carrier with whom neither I nor the US FAA have issues.

7. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Fees not on the fare is the Airport Terminal Fee (Php 750.00?) and the Travel Tax (Php 1500?) both paid at the airport and are government fees...rest are ALL-IN fares...

Promo fares for both 5J and PR are restrictive...that is the CON for availing promo/discounted fare for airlines...which I think applies to all other carriers when having promotional seat sales...more so on 5J which is an LCC...PR on the other hand is a full service/Legacy carrier...if you get the regular priced tickets, there are less restrictions..

8. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    A couple of further points and then I'll leave this thread for someone who appears to have a vested interest in PAL's offering, non?

As soon as I see all-in BUT fare advertised anywhere, my antennae go up. The taxes you mentioned are not insubstantial. What else is not mentioned, US Airport Improvement Fees, for one?

I fully understand that discounted fares are restrictive. Now look at this offering again. Is it not perhaps TOO RESTRICTIVE?

I advised initially that I had (and still have) a hate on for PAL. I did not do my homework fully and lost an airfare. Once. That had never happened to me with any carrier ever before - EVER! Any ticket I have ever purchased has always had some residual value to be applied towards a future purchase. Not so with PAL. I suffered a 100% loss. Lesson learned.

I always say: don't get mad - get even! I'm doing that now. PAL not only suffers the loss of my personal business, but I'll bad mouth them at every chance that I get.

9. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Traveltax is 1620 pesos but visitors to the Philippines should not pay it (exept when you buy a 5J international ticket at 5J-office in Dumaguete)
    The biggest restriction is the maximum of 21 days travel.
    Most people who come from the other side of the world like to stay a little longer but for Philippinos who like to take a vacation in Las Vegas it is a good deal.

10. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    The fare on Pal's promo is not all in it is exclusive of applicable taxes which are from mnl-lax 287.70usd which brings the promo rate from 498usd to 784 usd plus airport tax and Philippine travel tax for those applicable. This rate is nothing really special just average It's also econo light fare so limited to only 15kgs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.