Dumaguete Info Search

Flights from U.S. to Phils

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by JerryHeide, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Econolight does not apply to trans-pacific, Australia, Korea and Japan flights...so with this fare class, you enjoy full airline amenities...as far as I know, all other surcharges are already included in the fare...the only additional fees to be collected are those that will be collected in the airport...

2. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Ok I just went on-line and its 784 I check before I post I didnt just pull that figure out of my @ss

3. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    At bikerdave...

Selling period doesnt start till July 27...it will only be then when the promo prices will take effect...

Selling Period: July 27-Aug 3 2009 Only

USA
    Valid for outbound travel from 01 September through 25 December 2009.
    From MANILA/CEBU/DAVAO to LOS ANGELES/SAN FRANCISO, outbound travel is permitted on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays only

REGIONALS AND HONOLULU
    Valid for outbound travel from 16 August through 30 September 2009

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Ooops ok I will check again on Monday. d*mn I hate it when I'm wrong haha. Sorry man

5. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
  6. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My wife was searching for tickets from Houston - Manila for a trip in Nov 2009, since she wants to stay for over a year, she got a one way ticket price of $456 + $37 taxes & fees = $493 per person at cheaptickets.com
    I think the price is cheap.

I tried to check From Knoxville TN to manila on Nov 2009
    $815+ $39 taxes & fees =$854 per person
    this is one way only.

7. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Check cheaptickets.com today, for a flight from DC-Manila is
    $566+ $37 taxes & fees =$603 per person.

American Airlines as well for a flight next month - cheaper.

8. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    WOW! That's a fantastic price!!!! :smile:

9. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Be aware that you need a return- or onward ticket when entering the Philippines.
    Some airlines are very strict on this immigration-rule and don't let you enter the flight unless you comply with this rule.

10. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    And be avare also, that the departure date on your return ticket or onward ticket must be within the period, that your visa is valid for or alternatively the lenght of your visafree stay in the Philippines.

As an example a european citizen who enters the country without a visa must have a return fligth or an onward flight within 21 days from her date of entry in the Philippines.

Often the immigration in Manila won`t ask to see your return or onward ticket, particularly if the stamps in your passport show, that you are a regular visitor in the country. And often the airlines won`t bother you with this rule either.

But to be on the safe side, first time visitors in particular should comply with it. Either by traveling on a return ticket, that can be rebooked after arrival in the Philippines, or by purchasing a cheap one-way "show ticket" with a local carrier such as Cebu Pacific or Philippine Airlines to a nearby destination, e.g. to Hong Kong.

As an example, a person planning to stay for 15 month in the Philippines might comply with the rule by traveling on a one way ticket to Manila and then have another one way ticket to Hong Kong with a travel date e.g. 14 days after arrival in Manila. The latter is the "show ticket" as its only purpose is to be able to show it to the airline and the immigration in Manila upon request.

A one way ticket to Hong Kong can be purchased for about 3.000 peso outside of the peak travel days, so its a fairly inexpensive "insurance" against a potentially serious problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.