Dumaguete Info Search

Flights from U.S. to Phils

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by JerryHeide, May 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    This is a waste of money.
    Better buy a fullfare refundable ticket. All airlines are selling this but there is an administrative cost when you ask for your refund.
    As far as i know a ticket of Cathay Pacific has the cheapest "administrative deduction" of 25 US $ / ticket.
    Make sure that you buy your ticket with a creditcard so that the refund can be send back to the same creditcard-account otherwise you might be forced to get your cash refund at the same place where you bought the ticket.
    To find out the administrative deduction / airline just search for it on there website, it is there but hidden somewhere.

2. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Cebu Pacific Ceb-KK 688 cheaper than the service fee so just throw it away or go to kk for a weekend I know I will go for a few days when I leave again. Also air asia and tiger are about 25 - 33 usd clark-singapore

3. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    My wife got dual US-Phils citizenship, I do not think she needs return or onward ticket, also former philippine citizens, even if you have foreign naturalized citizenship can come in without onward, return tickets .
    For non Phil or non- residents, I guess they would need onward or return fight tickets.

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Maximus,
    It doesn't matter if the passenger has a dual citizenship or not.
    The question is where the passenger has his or her permanent residence.
    If the residence is abroad than the passenger needs a return or onward ticket.
    This is the immigration rule:

You must present upon check-in a passport valid for at least six (6) months at time of travel, applicable valid visas, a hard copy of a confirmed return or an onward journey ticket and must be able to show sufficient means of financial support.

If the residence of the passenger is in the Philippines than he or she will not need a return or onward ticket but will have to pay traveltax (1,620 pesos) upon departure.
    The problem lays with some airlines who take this immigrationrule very strict and don't let you start your yourney in the first place.

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    I just bought a ticket from Air Asia, Manila (Clark)- Kota Kinabalu oneway.
    Dep. on Okt 08 for 699 pesos (all incl) no checked luggage.
    With my Belgian creditcard and immediatly confirmation.
    Huray Huray, no more problem with buying online from Cebu Pacific.
    This ticket is just to throw away, but at 10 Euro i can afford it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.