Dumaguete Info Search

For British Nationals

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Broadside, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    British Embassy Warden

The previous Warden, Grant MacDonald, has returned to the UK. Whilst he has not resigned his position, he is obviously not available to fulfil the duties and as yet is unsure of when, or if, he will return.

The British Embassy Manila has appointed me as the Warden for Negros Oriental and I assumed the post on the 10th August. As there is a handover/takeover taking place in Manila, there is a delay in getting documents and an Embassy ID card to me. Once these arrive, my contact details will be registered with all the relevant authorities. This includes, the PNP, Customs, Immigration, the Airport Authorities, the Port Authorities, Hospitals and the Jail :D:D

I have had a complicated family matter to deal with over the last week or so and therefore my attention has been primarily focussed on that and little time for much else, although that now appears to be rectified. I have also moved house in the last few days and am now resident in Piapi so I can get to most places in the city fairly quickly. Those that live further afield will naturally have to wait a little longer, although wherever you are I will try and get to you with all due speed if you ask for my presence.

The Warden is not a "get out of jail" card. In short, if anyone is in that much trouble that they are in the slammer, I can't spring them. What I can do is visit them, take all the necessary details from them and pass it on to Manila. They would arrange for any information to be passed to relatives in the UK. But this will only happen if it is asked for. It is not automatic. Similarly I cannot offer any legal advice, nor can I give advice on passports and visas, but I can direct you to people that can. In a nation of so many islands, the Warden system is a useful point of contact; a bridge between any distressed British National and the Embassy in Manila.

I would be most grateful if any British forum member resident in Neg. Or. could pass this information on to any other British members that they know who are not forum members. I appreciate that the three best ways of spreading information are telephone, television and tell-a-woman, but in time I will leave a calling card at most strategic points, principally PNP stations, from the north-eastern to the south-western extremities of the Province.

For more information on what assistance Consular staff can give to a British national, please visit :-

Help for British nationals

Regards

Roger

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    hmmm, you should have kept yourself anonymous and share some interesting/funny stories...

joke aside, congrats, I wish you only very little stress free work.

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Roger (aka James Negros Bond), nice cover story Mi6 gave you. I knew it, a suave, charismatic guy like you is the image I've always had for guys from the UK "company". How should be properly address you now? Will your admirable dress code change? Will you have bodyguards or be packing? Will you have diplomatic immunity,.... just in case...

Just Joking of course, best of luck and hope you don't get too many calls from jail here or Spain...

4. OP
    OP
    Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Hehehe. Thanks fellas. I figured that some comments would come from expected quarters. Strange how some things have a habit of coming around in a circle. Having given them 10 salaried years post military, I now get rewarded with a low profile unpaid voluntary post !!! Diplomatic immunity ?? No such luxury for me any more. Dress code ?? Roger will definitely not be wearing a pin stripe suit, Guards tie, and bowler hat, carrying a furled umbrella and holding a copy of the Times. Oh no. Not in this climate. But you can still bow and scrape if you wish............................:D:D:D

5. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Illeism can commonly be used to impart humility or to reimforce self-promotion. Given your former marine background, I will give you a pass and assume the former (this time). lol

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Yeaaaaaaaaah OK!

:eek: Well matey, You come to retire and end up working, UN PAID! Well done Roger, Hope all goes well.
    Hope we can help you in return, if needed.:wink:

Jack P.:smile: