Dumaguete Info Search

Foreigner drowning in Valencia

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Manzanita, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    While I removed before some disturbing pictures here, I rarely check the links when pointing to a news-site, as I get all articles (without pictures) to my RSS - feeds.

It is normally necessary to post the source of a c/p. In this case I removed the link as the picture is (typical for local medias) disturbing.

There is nothing wrong with JF's question about the typical Negros Chronical confusing and wrong articles. Therefore we leave his post/question.

We believe that this is the best solution. Have a great weekend ahead

cheers

Rhoody

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :smile: I agree with comments PatO made some days ago about the DI team and this post just echoes those words, It is good to hear that JF's Question and post remains, Thank you Rhoody.

Jack P.

3. confusedandlost

confusedandlost DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am appalled at what was posted as far as the link..the last thing i guess i wanted to see was my father that way. No blame is being made to Jellyfish. But i myself did subscribe to that other forum he is talking about and i did make comments. These are the facts my father Russell Harvey is a born american from Florida. He was with his GF when he passed. And he was 66 years old NOT 60. If they are going to post a pic like that they darn well better have the facts!! Like i said nothing against anyone on here on negros chronicle

4. WinstonLights

WinstonLights DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    it is not a bridge, its a spillway. guardrails are not useful in spillways. during floods you will be in awe to see big rock boulders easily crossed the spillway blending the raging flow of waters.. guardrails are no match. i've been passing this spillway for 4 yrs when i was still working with PNOC-EDC. i remembered that PNOC-EDC put a painted post at the outflow end of the spillway/road with indicator telling if it is safe to pass or not. if you can not see the post, for sure it is not wise to go through.

im not a civil engineer but imho, the solution to this is to build an aqueduct system or a flyover but i doubt the gov't will ever make this kind of expensive development.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    On some spillways in the mountains of the US, they will run posts and a cable. The cable is allowed some slack, to allow large rocks to roll over the cable. True even a car could conceivable go over the cable, but someone would at least have something there that would likely slow down the fall, and possibly give time to get out, and a cable to hold onto while help arrives and/or moving to safety. Another option would be just 4 inch high broken curbs such as are on other spillways here in Dumaguete. Neither of these methods would cost much at all.

We spoke with some people in the neighborhood of the accident, who told us that the multicab had stalled, and they were trying to get it going when they were washed away, that they would not leave it. The way stories go here nobody will probably ever know the truth.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.