Dumaguete Info Search

Foreigner Husband - Philhealth Coverage

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Apr 12, 2011.

1. robgie

robgie DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had Philhealth before i got married and it was in my single status, but soon as i married with US guy i went to Philhealth and change my status from single to married and add my husband and 2 kids as beneficiaries so now they are covered and same amount yearly to be paid.

2. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I am my wife's beneficiary in Philhealth but wasn't sure what that meant. HSM's post about the colonoscopy is a good one, thanks.

3. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    I researched PhilHealth a few years ago...as I recall then, there was a total annual maximum benefit of P50,000 for all insured. Anyone know if that is still the case?

It's a good thing to have, but any serious illness would eat up P50,000 rather quickly...

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Off Track a little.

:o Seems I got mixed up with insurances, Azon's Phil health is corporate with me added, it is the St Peter funeral insurance, that was adjusted and premiums raised to cover me. Having said that and read the Website a little deeper, Phil Health does seem to offer a lot for so little. Has anyone out there actually used Phil Health for treatment?

Jack P.:smile:

5. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Food for thought!

DG, if that is the case then, the benefits are maybe, not as good as I thought from the website, Sounds good but never mentions figures in depth at all. I guess the answers will come up eventually but I will be interested to read about actuals, Pat has again, started a good Thread, that is important to us all. As we get older these things tend to take priority and if the figures on cover have not changed much, then I see the need for rapid saving.

Jack P.:smile:

6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Indeed it is a good thread, It concerns mostly foreigners from where there is NHS cover from their original abode, eg Britain. It concerns me greatly, it will depend where I retire. Some links also using the search button

7. Tenpin

Tenpin DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi. This is from the PHealth website
    5. Can a foreign national enroll as an Individually Paying Member?

YES, the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 7875, as amended by RA 9241, provides for the inclusion to the National Health Insurance Program the citizens of other countries residing and/or working in the Philippines. If the foreign national is employed, he/she shall be registered under the Employed Sector Program. Meanwhile, if he/she is self-employed or merely residing in the country, he/she may enroll as an Individually Paying Member. He/she only needs to accomplish and submit to any PhilHealth office, the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) and a photocopy of his/her Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to prove his/her residency in the country.
    Hope it helps

8. blodgee

blodgee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My father-in-law just signed up for Philhealth and we wanted him to pay yearly but he said he can only pay quarterly?
    We want him to pay for a year at a time.Is this option availible?

9. Tenpin

Tenpin DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi I also have just singed up for PHealth. The 1,200 covers me and the wife plus her two children and her mother who is over 60yrs old. I paid it for the year but you can pay quarterly, half year or the year. its up to you. There is no discount for paying up front, it's just easyer that way for me.

10. blodgee

blodgee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply.
    We are the ones paying for my father-in-laws philhealth so just wanted to pay yearly for simplicity.
    There have been several health problems with various family members, the most recent being appendictis.We have had to pay total cost for everything so far. Now we can get some relief with insurance in place even if it only covers the basics.:D