Dumaguete Info Search

foreigners foul their own nest, greedy foreigners and paradise lost

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by yabs, Aug 24, 2008.

1. OP
    OP
    yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    you are not fouling?
    sure about this
    quote " if we can get more foreigners here maybe we can get a girlie bar"
    How sad is that
    I live here because there are not any girlie bars
    If you want girlie bars go to pattaya or angeles
    I have never complained about the locals
    I complained about a groupo of outside guests numbering in the low 20's using the swimming pool of an expensive resort i Thpought would be exclusive
    it just so happens they were Philipinos
    they could have been martians
    the point is not the nationa;laity but the number of outside guests

2. Kinhason2

Kinhason2 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    foreigner foul their own nest, greedy foreigners and paradise lost

I agree with you 100% Timn8ter.

3. OP
    OP
    yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    well put Tim
    and thats exactly my point
    many arrive and give up all ie sell house etc to live in paradise only to find out said money is not enough and then they ahve to open a bar or
    a website to stay "retired"

4. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    i also agree,, I can live in my own country and enjoy the paradise of what foreighners think about philippines, but I have to go out and earn money because living there and work there is not enough to have a life like you are in a paradise.

5. OP
    OP
    yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I am referring to foreigners only here

6. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    But foreign investment and tourism is promoted by the region, foreign investment is usually acompanied by foreigners working where they invest (few ppl just drop their money in another country and than p*ss off hoping it will make a profit).

Fouling their own nest is just a human habit, look at a place like white beach many places just selfdestruct and it is up to the local (politicians) to keep it all balanced and serve long time interest of the area.

7. OP
    OP
    yabs

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    money will always be put before th envt
    always will be
    look at what has happened with borocay
    the point is the world will get ruined
    in the future 50 years I wager there will be no beach left that has not becomne like borocay but the point is why accelerate the progress/destruction of places like this website

8. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    yeah I had a look back at your first post but is it a bit like pissing against the wind, the trend is that ppl travel more and easier relocate, at best you can try to influence the kind of ppl that settle and the kind of development an area aspires

9. Mam A

Mam A DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Kudos, saludos

Thanks to this forum I am learning many things. Toppings are the mild verbal squabs and "attacks" -- not altogether on the negative side of side effects. Mind you, the intrigue dosage also helps the forum to keep it alive and attractive.

AND NO. Blame is not on the forum or on anyone if bad feelings are really personal.

Adults make choices and they will have to live with their choices. When mature adults make mistakes or when their choices sour up, that they'll have to live with or take as opportunities to look for the better options.

Mistakes by locals and foreigners, by me! are doors to the hunt for what's better. Not to be bitter. Take a walk [a choice], breathe the natural fresh air [a choice]at a clean beach [a choice], and just simply know that life can be as simple as we would choose it to be.

Dumaguete is not a place for everyone. Only for those who like it.:D

10. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Hello Yabs, a little bird told me you are into drilling for natural resources, such as gas and petroleum....is it enviromentally friendly?
    Or is it the case of do what I say and not what I do?
    I tell you what I do not really like........
    I've noticed a lack of respect, bad manners and an idiotic superiority attitude by many foreigners in the Phils and that is why I do not frequent many of the bars alongside the Rizal Boulevard when in Dumaguete, because I do not want to be associated with them. Us foreigners tend to forget we are guests in the Phils and should be treating the locals with the upmost respect and not like little people or whores!