Dumaguete Info Search

Forest Camp

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by sfgb35, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ruanard, Its ok i understand ur pain !!

2. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes good ventilation is important, and wood is cheaper than concrete.
    good luck. :smile:

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Preemptive!

Jim! My friend, You beat me to it here, of course we see Concrete houses To-day, I guess I have gone off at tangents here a little, When I said majority of Houses, I was of course talking about gone Bye Ages, Wood was always used to build. As has been said, Available and Cheap. Forest Camps are in the main set up to keep and enhance the beauty of gone bye ages, That's why I suggested that the White house in Bohol would be made of Wood, as it would have been many years ago. If you travel the outbacks of the Island, you will find so many of the houses are made of Wood, as are many in the back streets of Dgte. Ventilation was done by a raise it the roof Space. Mama's hose is wood and this was built in 1954, The roof is 10/12 inches off the boom, we added extra walls and used Blocks. Sorry if I Implied modern houses are Timber framed, of course to own a Timber (LOG) house to-day, It would cost a Fortune.
    I was I think, trying to capture some imagination of the concept of Forest Camps.
    Apologies if things got a little sidetracked. :o

Jack P.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.