Dumaguete Info Search

Forum Reputation Function Added

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well it's nice to see something new added to the site. Although I do not know how it works yet, but eventually, I will be able to figure out how I can make my participation here more fun.

2. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Same thing happened - already - to me! I had only made about 3 or 4 posts...and some unknown, afraid to say/show his name to my face, zaped me with a red bar and, I guess, a pp that was also smart assed in nature!

The worst I could have done was that I did ask a simple, direct question to an apparently well liked member, living in he U.S., about something he had advertised for sale here on this forum! How/why should a guy be "spanked" by an unknown person that is too whimpy to sign their name - yet have the abuse power to stain another's reputation?
    In my opinion, it is not a good option and IS prone to much abuse, and IS being abused as we speak now. (BTW, the person I made my inquirey too, never had the courtesy to answer...maybe that should tell me something????)

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    being back as a topic, i looked at the reputations and who gave what to who. I definitely see any abuse and when I look at the members who have more than one green spot, they are definitely those who give the best advices and/or productive comments.

@Don: I looked at the posts where your "red"dot came up and I must admit that I can't really disagree with the comment, as it looks to me like a personal problem. You repeated yourself 10 times (if I count those we just erased)

If I also look who has 2 green or is very close to them like shadow, davfitz, garbonzo, guru, I can see that this are all members who give valuable/funny, helpful etc. input over a long time,

while the grey and red ones are owned by people who come in ranting about something but don't help if anybody needs help, or give just wrong information.

at the end of the day I must say that not many are using the reputation function, but overall it reflects a good overview about the value of the members posts.

4. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I'm certain the the board's moderator and proprietor already know who's naughty and who's nice. It has already been clearly and convincingly demonstrated that theirs' is the only opinion which counts here, non? If the reputation function serves to create bad feelings amongst the membership, it is not worth the trouble

Why not just chuck it?

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I do, but new members don't and they do give an answer from several members more weight than from trolls or constant negative grumpy people (what is reflected in the reputation comments)

....even more interesting it is mostly used by newer members when receiving valuable information, saying a simple thank you for advices.

If you use it or not or pay attention is absolutely up to you... I am ok with a thank you", as well as with a "it's enough Rhoody"

6. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Forum Reputation Function

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I've edited Rhoody's quote to me for simple brevity, as his original is above.

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    you are absolutely entitled to your own opinion...

all of the deleted posts looked like a private issue. each interested member has the change to mail the given email address directly after you posted your doubts and ONE question or "sincere" interests ONCE, or even mail him (where you still have the option to do so, as his mail adress is still there) no need to copy paste it 10 times. again and again.

Bringing the same crap now to another thread, will not make any difference and of course will and again like written in the other thread, interested persons can contact this member directly as his email is published...

8. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Rhoody,
    I honestly say "Thank You" for your reply to me. I certainly did not mean any harm to anybody....and I well understand that no matter my opinion, you ARE this sites owner/operator....and Ido respect you for that.
    As you have kindly said to me..." you are absolutely entitled to your own opinion..."
    and most certainly you are also entitled to your opinion as to my past posts. In that vien, I would like to let this issue just die here and now...I never intended for opening up a pissing match between anyone.
    I am sorry you feel the way you do about my previous posts as to this particular topic...but I respect and honor the fact that it IS your choice. And you d*mn sure have the right.
    I also appreciate the fact that you allowed my reply to you stand upon it's self.
    I appreciate the fact that you are man enough to have this open disagreement and not just bar me (squish me) as you could have done......so PLEASE...allow me to say "Thanks" for allowing this open discussion and allowing me to continue on posting as a member....I will try to not earn any more red dots! Promise. Can we bury this?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Don, absolutely no problem...

BTW, we are 3 owners, I am just the annoying voice :D and while my liver is bavarian, my guts are german :D, reminds my to spread some reps around... found some nice posts in the "respect" thread...

10. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    enough said - boss. :-))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.